Armorall?????? Good or Bad??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard different opinions about armorall and just wanted to know what some of you guys think. I know I used it religously on my old truck and it didn't seem to stop much damage. I've stopped using it lately.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I've heard different opinions about armorall and just wanted to know what some of you guys think. I know I used it religously on my old truck and it didn't seem to stop much damage. I've stopped using it lately.

I hate Armor all as it makes everything glassy looking, there is better stuff out there to use.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, not so much...

I used to be an Armor-all nut, "back in the day"...but not any more, not for a long time actually. I can't stand the glare and greasiness it causes on interior components. It's fine on tires, but doesn't last. I simply clean the interior surfaces with a damp microfiber towel, possibly using Invisible Glass to polish up metal accents (and screens), and a little Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer spray on a different microfiber towel for shiny plastic parts.

If your main concern with the Armor-all is the tires and exterior plastic, try Meguiar's Hot Shine spray, or Eagle One, and use a quick detailer spray on the bumper guard and running boards so nobody gets killed getting in or out...

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like armorall, I use the wipes :thumbsup: . i usally keep a tube of wipes in my center console. Sometimes when I feel like dressing up my hoe I'll spray some on the tires.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh sorry, i guess My main concern is the dash. i heard something about it being water based and not being very effective on plastic.. I used it very often on my old truck and the dash still cracked pretty nasty.
but i'll take your advice on the running boards etc.. i know armorall can get ya hurt on that stuff.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I read an article somewhere a while back about extensive use of Armor All eventually drying up certain materials sush as vinyl and causing it to harden and crack over time. I heard about this from a detailing vendor as well. I haven't used Armor All for years, but instead, all my detailing products are by Meguire's and a professional detailing manufacturer called PRO Products.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read an article somewhere a while back about extensive use of Armor All eventually drying up certain materials sush as vinyl and causing it to harden and crack over time. I heard about this from a detailing vendor as well. I haven't used Armor All for years, but instead, all my detailing products are by Meguire's and a professional detailing manufacturer called PRO Products.

Yeah that would be the main reason not to use it as I figure that I want my $40,000 vehicle to look good as long as possible.

Tim04Tahoe

Reaction score
Airports and Armor all

I was told by the airport screening person that if you use Armor all on things, the residue will be picked up by the analyzer as bomb making residue and will cause you to be delayed while your bags are searched. Generally, this doesn't take a long time, but it is annoying. So, if you armor all a place where you throw your luggage, it could cause you a little delay at the airport. Of course, it does degrade over time, so no worries if you haven't done it recently.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by the airport screening person that if you use Armor all on things, the residue will be picked up by the analyzer as bomb making residue and will cause you to be delayed while your bags are searched. Generally, this doesn't take a long time, but it is annoying. So, if you armor all a place where you throw your luggage, it could cause you a little delay at the airport. Of course, it does degrade over time, so no worries if you haven't done it recently.

Wow good to know, another reason not to use Armor all.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Wow, starting to sound like they should have called it Harm 'er All.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I let the guy at the super shine put it on my tires today. It was all they had. I'll probably scrub it off and throw the meguire's gel on manana.

BTW
Good pat's game going on!! haha

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped using armor-all when I almost hit somebody cause I couldn't see them through the glare coming off of my dash in the windshield... Its not touching my Tahoe.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped using armor-all when I almost hit somebody cause I couldn't see them through the glare coming off of my dash in the windshield... Its not touching my Tahoe.

:eek2: Whoa -- that must've been scary man! :eek2:

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

no glare with my polarized Oakleys :cool2:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used the hell out of armor all on my other vehicle when it was all built up, never had any problem with it, but once you start using it, you have to keep using it, or the plastic starts looking like crap.

i've yet to go looking for a new brand for the tahoe. armor all is to damned expensive for as much as you have to use it. i'll probably jump over to Meguires when its warm enough to keep it really clean again.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm out on some armorall...ugh...so overated might as well go fry some french fries and pour the grease on your dash :)