Recommended Gear Ratio For 05 Tahoe with 24s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 Hoe I bought in July/05. LS 2WD. Im never gonna tow with it so I didnt want LSD on it. I bought it for looks, cruising, and comfort. So I got it with 3.23s. Last week I just put on some 24" x 10" wheels with Toyo tires and I opted for 285 40/24 tires instead of the 305 35/24's because of the ride quality. However, increased overall tire/wheel diameter over the factory makes it feel like im driving a peterbilt at a red light. Im gonna reaplace the gears on in ASAP but I wanted to ask anyone here if they have a similar setup to mine. I dont think 3.42 or 3.73s will cut it. So thoses are out of the question. I drove my friend's 04 with the factory 20's on 3.73's and that didnt impress me. I was thinking of going with 3.90s but im still skeptical. 4.10's really sounds appealing to me but i dont know anyone that has that set up. What are your recommendations?

scarpi

Reaction score
My 02 4wd Yukon came with the 4.1 rear and I haven't had a problem. But I have the stock wheels on it. don't know if this helps answer your question.