Ac/heater Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelallen747

Reaction score
What do ya'll think about the AC or heater not going off when you turn the dial to the OFF position. You can hear it trying to continue to turn on. The AC blows cold and the heater blows hot, but the dial seems to be going out. It will also blow down at your feet while it is in the OFF position and the head position is selected? Have ya'll experienced any thing like this? Thanks!!

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try putting the selector to the floor. i believe the a/c cycles in any other position.

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
by hear it do you mean you hear the compressor clicking on and off? And as for it blowing on your feet my old baby blazer did that. I got alittle air flow from whatever setting was left on the heater/ac control after I turned it off. but that was vacuum controlled.

michaelallen747

Reaction score
No, the compressor is not kicking on/off the actual A/C begins to come on and the lights on the switch begin to come on and then they go off like it has a short in it; and after it is turned off it always blows out of the floor vent even if the head setting was the last one left on? Very confused...I feel like it is the switch.

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you think it's the switch, you can go to the dealer and have just the resistor pack replaced. Remove the AC control. Unplug the wires. Unbolt the resistor pack and replace it.

Hope this helps.

Hardwarz

Black96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
willamsport PA (college) souderton Pa ( home)
u can easily check the connectors, i had mine fry out and get shorted, just pull the dash out and pull the heater controle unit out and check ur connections in the back and check the connectors to see if they are not fryed, cause mine where melted

Annihilator

Reaction score
Any parts store will have it. It's like 16$. I just replaced mine last night..