Before I start to tear it apart...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My blower under my dash on my 99 LT is making a squeeking noise. It started at mid speed, but now does it at all speeds. Will stop once in a while when I make a turn. Has been doing it for about 2 winters.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm hoping it just needs a little squirt of lubricant and isn't some kind of bearing/motor issue.

Please let me know if anything you can. Hoping I don't really have to replace it.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem in my 99'. You can oil the blower with a teflon based lube which usually lasts longer. You might also need to tighten up the blower box which has screws that might have loosened up due to time and use.

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this problem.....

Um, location of blower please? Pics would be helpful too.

Hardwarz

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under the dash on passenger side. There is a black/round box that has to be removed first. It is behind there...assuming I am looking at this right.

Black96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
willamsport PA (college) souderton Pa ( home)
i have that problem , but its because my blower is going bad, its drawing to much amps, and heats up way to much, it frieded my connectors on my switches in my dash for the different speed setting, hope u dont have this problem

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have that problem , but its because my blower is going bad, its drawing to much amps, and heats up way to much, it frieded my connectors on my switches in my dash for the different speed setting, hope u dont have this problem

Ah, so that's what's causing my fan wires to heat up. What did you do to fix that?

Hardwarz

Black96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
willamsport PA (college) souderton Pa ( home)
new fan motor, it draws to much amp, and heats the wires, the little wires, might carry only 12v, but are moving that 12v ad a very rapid pace, but basicly have a tech check the motor amps, and if its high just replace the motor, 100$ bucks tops, with there installation