Rear Drop Coils and Lowering Torsion Bars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oh2tahoe

Reaction score
I was wondering, I was going the cheap route in dropping my hoe and I was wondering, I'm sitting on 22's by 9.5 and I was wondering, Will just dropping the rear 3 inches and cranking the torsion bars down to level out be bad for it? I don't drive it but on the weekends so i was wondering is this harmful? And what all is needed other than the coil springs? Shocks?

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can crank the torsions but you may not be able to get your alignment back into spec if you go past a couple inches. Not really a big deal, but it may chew up your expensive tires pretty quickly. I did the torsion keys and coils for a 2/3 drop and the front is maxed out. I can't do anything else if I go lower and I didn't crank them after the key install. You shouldn't need shocks unless you want them, but you will need some type of shock extender.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
If you use the stock torsion keys, you should be able to crank the bolts as far out as they will safely go and still have enough adjustment left to get the camber back in spec. This should bring the front down about an inch or so. Using aftermarket keys and going any lower then you may run into issues with too much negative camber. The rear can be dropped with shorter coils springs and either new shocks or relocation brackets.