Tahoe wave

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the true tahoe fans i have a good question. What is the tahoe/yukon wave ? or would it be a chevy wave ?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i see a cool one i honk and do a thumbs up. they say thanks, then complement me. but i dont wave at the soccer moms. :ack:

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving to a restaurant this past Friday when a guy driving an '06 White Tahoe was next to me and started honking and waving. I gave him a one-beep and wave back. My wife asked me who was that? I said just a fellow Tahoe owner, acknowledging someone else with good taste! She was like, whatever - you guys are nuts! So it must just be a guy thing. If I'm initiating the hello, I just usually do the head nod and thumbs up signal.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to wave when I first got my Tahoe, but nobody ever waved back. Then I realized that my tint is so dark that most people can't see me waving. So I don't usually wave any more unless I have the windows down.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well since we dont have a clear signal i'd say we just continue on with what we got, just give a honk and a nod or a quick hand signal. If there true tahoe fans they know what your doing. (and if you want to throw a gun wave into i'd say go ahead.)

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do people all over the country wave? i have never seen anyone wave at me or anything. but i have also only owned my Tahoe for a little over 6 months. this was my dream truck and i got it for so cheep i just couldnt pass it up even though it has pretty high mileage. well some people would think its high but i think its pretty good.

99tahoee

Reaction score
do people all over the country wave? i have never seen anyone wave at me or anything. but i have also only owned my Tahoe for a little over 6 months. this was my dream truck and i got it for so cheep i just couldnt pass it up even though it has pretty high mileage. well some people would think its high but i think its pretty good.

I have never seen a wave. Funny thing is i get more waves in my Voyager then in my tahoe.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i live in chicago so i have to leave the stop light fast just to keep up with traffic.

ha ha i remember chicago, HATED IT, lets see, last time i was there i sat in traffic for 1 and a half hours moved 4 miles got on the interstate got stuck for a nother 2 hours to get through a 6 car pile up with an over turned semi. :eek:

99tahoee

Reaction score
ha ha i remember chicago, HATED IT, lets see, last time i was there i sat in traffic for 1 and a half hours moved 4 miles got on the interstate got stuck for a nother 2 hours to get through a 6 car pile up with an over turned semi. :eek:

that sure does sound like Chicago.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sure does sound like Chicago.

yup we lived in chicago for 6 months then moved to a little town called kankakee about 45 min south of chicago, boy did news spread fast there, i think 10k people live there, and here 500k people live in the area so it was a change.