2004 LT clicking sound in steering column at full turn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markp67

Reaction score
Hello everyone I have a 2004 Tahoe LT and recently I have been hearing a clicking sound when I turn the wheel full to either the right or left. I don’t hear the sound sound when turning the wheel at all until it reaches the turn limit. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is? Thanks....
Mark

kbsSUV

Reaction score
I don't know if this helps or not, but I just had to have the intermediate shaft in my steering column replaced today (I have an 05 LS). The dealer said it hasn't been recalled yet, but they've had alot of the same problem and are just fixing them as they come in with no charge...you might want to check it out!

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kbsSUV what was the issue that you noticed to have it fixed?

cause i'm not starting to have the same problem that markp67 with my 04 as well :(

kbsSUV

Reaction score
What fixed the problem? The steering intermediate shaft being replaced fix the noise we were hearing. It was a popping type noise which the dealer said was from the shaft leaking grease.

diehrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a CV joint, Check to see if the boot is ripped and the grease has came out..Usually a clicking joint means replacement time .