Another car to consider..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah Pontiac G8 might replace the GTO, on the webiste I dont see any 2008 models...

The GTO was only around for the 04-06 model years. The G8 is going to have a Sedan, Wagon, Ute, and maybe a coupe version to replace the GTO.

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If thr UTE does come over....I'm definitely getting one of those bad boys :cool2:

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GTO was only around for the 04-06 model years. The G8 is going to have a Sedan, Wagon, Ute, and maybe a coupe version to replace the GTO.

I wasn't aware that they stop making them in 06'. I assume the reason is the sales plunged just like the F-bodys Trans Ams and the Camaro's. in 2001. Rumors are since they made the Camaro Concept they might bring the Bird (Trans Am) back too.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have heard rumors about a firect injection v-6 for the acadia next year, thats would be neat enless your looking for a sedan, which i think the g8 or cts is perfect. only think is if your going to keep it for that long, the cadillac is going to hold its value better than the pontiac.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
i have heard rumors about a firect injection v-6 for the acadia next year, thats would be neat enless your looking for a sedan, which i think the g8 or cts is perfect. only think is if your going to keep it for that long, the cadillac is going to hold its value better than the pontiac.

My wife will need a comfortable but reliable car but not too expensive.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife will need a comfortable but reliable car but not too expensive.

cts fits the bill there.

i mean a FULLY LOADED every option is 44k, thats the cheapest fully loaded cadillac ever, but a very well equipped is about 35 k with the 300 hp direct injection engine.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
cts fits the bill there.

i mean a FULLY LOADED every option is 44k, thats the cheapest fully loaded cadillac ever, but a very well equipped is about 35 k with the 300 hp direct injection engine.

I like the CTS idea, but my wife who is an accountant and doesn't want to spend 40K on a depreciating asset. 30K might be fine as the car is going to get a ton of miles on it.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that they stop making them in 06'. I assume the reason is the sales plunged just like the F-bodys Trans Ams and the Camaro's. in 2001. Rumors are since they made the Camaro Concept they might bring the Bird (Trans Am) back too.

Many people think it was due to poor sales because of the obvious (they sold poorly due to under-advertisement and rediculous dealer mark-ups at first) but Lutz had planned from the get-go for them to only be a three year run....nothing more

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many people think it was due to poor sales because of the obvious (they sold poorly due to under-advertisement and rediculous dealer mark-ups at first) but Lutz had planned from the get-go for them to only be a three year run....nothing more

Yep! The Monaro (car GTO was based on) was at the end of it's life cycle and the new Commodore models were going to come out.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting the G8 GXP, that looks pretty sick. Also rumor has it that GM is going to make a new GTO with the retro look (like the new Camaro). So hopefully they will bring it back, cuz the retro ones are SICK!! The 05-06 models looked kind of lame in my opinion, but damn they were fast!! :Chevy:

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting the G8 GXP, that looks pretty sick. Also rumor has it that GM is going to make a new GTO with the retro look (like the new Camaro). So hopefully they will bring it back, cuz the retro ones are SICK!! The 05-06 models looked kind of lame in my opinion, but damn they were fast!! :Chevy:

Uggh, I hope not. Retro is so played out. If I wanted a car that looked like and older model, I'd buy the older model. The new camaro is nice though.

As for bland looking GTO's........what do you think the original ones were?

The were nothing but a Tempest (blander than bland) with a giant motor shoved into it. I think the last GTO's accomplished that just fine. I also love running 12's out of the box and being able to drive by cops without so much as a second look :fu:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uggh, I hope not. Retro is so played out. If I wanted a car that looked like and older model, I'd buy the older model. The new camaro is nice though.

As for bland looking GTO's........what do you think the original ones were?

The were nothing but a Tempest (blander than bland) with a giant motor shoved into it. I think the last GTO's accomplished that just fine. I also love running 12's out of the box and being able to drive by cops without so much as a second look :fu:

Really? I like all the new retro models, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion! Yea the ones like your are great like you said cause no one ever expects that they have those giant motors!! But like I said they are f*ckin fast!! :Chevy: