After reading through some post.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2007TahoeLTZ

Reaction score
i've noticed after looking thru a lot of your guys post that you all make a point of parking away from other cars .... i just dont get why i mean mean i got a $45,000 truck and im not at all concerned and its new, you guys are on the 1994-2000 forum saying it. whats the problem? :confused2:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a $3000 tracker, as well as my truck that has $12,000+ in it, and i park it away from everyone in the lots as well. i don't want my vehicles all beat to **** from some idiots that have more money than sense or the ones who can't take pride in ther own vehicles and throw their doors open into other peoples vehicles, or drag there bags down the side of vehicles.

If i could afford a $45,000 truck i would definetly care if it gets beat up in a parking lot by someone driving a $500 car....

2007TahoeLTZ

Reaction score
Hey i hear you totally and as a fellow tahoe owner i am willing to do the same thing i just dont understand all the post that i have read about it so far. I dont see $100,000+ cars parking miles away so why do you guys, i mean a nice car is a nice car but its not like were sporting anything that cant be replaced.........+ if everyone is so proud of their tahoe and it seems from here that you guys like to brag wouldn't you want to show it off instead of people needing binoculars to see it?

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have to consider when your in a parking lot your not to interested in "showing" your auto off. maybe if your with your friends, at a show, or offroad park. but not inside the parking lot of walmart. besides it isnt the price of the car that matters, its how much you care about it. so i guess why not take the extra 50 steps to the door.

2007TahoeLTZ

Reaction score
ya but the main reason i made the post was because i like the tahoe im driving so i do want to show it off to everyone else but i wouldn't really start at walmart........... why do you mention that place?

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
90% of people who buy $100,000 cars can turn around and buy another $100,000 car or turn to there full coverage insurance to get them another once. most of them don't put in any time on their vehicles and they are just a bone stock $100,000 car, with 1,000+ more just like it.

i'm not going to speak for anyone else, but i can't turn around and hit the full coverage insurance to buy me another tahoe in the shape mine is in with the lift and everything else i've put many hours and dollars into. for one i don't have the time to build another one.

i don't park waay out there but my truck is wide enough i usually just double park beside one of the islands in the middle of the lots.

ya but the main reason i made the post was because i like the tahoe im driving so i do want to show it off to everyone else but i wouldn't really start at walmart........... why do you mention that place?

these are the kind of places we are talking about. wal-mart, kroger, hardware store, etc. now i'll park up front if its somewhere where someone will look at the tahoe (like a truck show or something of the sort) and appreciate it.

Last edited:

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
96 pro comp, where did you get your rims at, im looking to get new rims and tires. i would like to get fairly big tires, atleast the biggest you can get on a stock tahoe. eventually i will get a lift. but i need to replace the two rear rims anyways so i figured i would get a nice pair like the ones your riding on.

2007TahoeLTZ

Reaction score
i was over at the local pep boys a couple months ago and someone was talking to me about doing some work on his car just like you seem to be mentioning.....he told me the site to go to was oznium.com and theres a section for neon lights in there and Rims as well.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chevyrider, picked mine up at 4wheelparts here in indianapolis. they'll run you about $150-$160 a piece.

Dick Cepek, Black DC-1's 16x10 not sure you want to run 10's on the stock 'hoe, they may rub. mine rub a bit on full turnon the rear of the front wheel wells.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was over at the local pep boys a couple months ago and someone was talking to me about doing some work on his car just like you seem to be mentioning.....he told me the site to go to was oznium.com and theres a section for neon lights in there and Rims as well.

a guy at pepboys? no im talking more like the trucks you see at a high end truck show. my other ride used to be decked out like a show car, but that B/S is over-rated. neons are out of style, if and IF you want to run lights go with LED's. just don't put them on a tahoe... there not tuner cars. (not dissing tuner cars, but you get the point)

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea those look really good, but would be a little big. I would like to have the biggest possible, but dont really want anyway rubbing. but i will be changing them soon because my two rear wheels have a slight bend in them, so i will get some nice offroad wheels, preferably black with silver.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
i've noticed after looking thru a lot of your guys post that you all make a point of parking away from other cars .... i just dont get why i mean mean i got a $45,000 truck and im not at all concerned and its new, you guys are on the 1994-2000 forum saying it. whats the problem? :confused2:

Why does it matter what year and the cost of the vehicle? What matters is the value of that vehicle to its owner. You jumped on the '94-'99 section talking like the guys here have old trucks not worth anything and your $45K truck is. These are their vehicles. Maybe some people aren't as fortunate to have a new vehicle. Maybe some like the older body styles better. Maybe some have a lot of money and time into their trucks, more so than yours. You say you don't understand. There's no need to. Just keep in mind that some people like to take pride and care of their personal belongings, no matter what the monetary value. So I ask you the same question - What's the problem?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:iagree: +1!

Just because I have something that's not brand new or in 110% mint condition doesn't mean I want it to get messed up. I'm cautious where I park my 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan which on it's best day ever was only valued at like $32K max. :crazy: Let's see how good that 2007 LTZ Hoe looks in 10 years, carelessly parking in public garages and in cramped Wally-World parking lots!!! :lol:

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tahoe is actually me "beater" so i park as close as I can and enjoy it without having to worry about who's going to put a ding, dent, or scratch on it since it has plenty of those already.

My other cars though, that's a whole other story. I won't even let the gas attendants put gas in them (it's illegal in NJ to pump your own gas but I do anyway)

I park them WAYYYY far from any other cars and I can walk the extra few hundred feet to save me HUNDREDS of dollars because other people are too stupid or disrespectful.

To the OP: Just remember, just because you might have the decency not to open your door into other people's car, doesn't mean they have the same decency.
Also, you may think you're being proud and showing off your ride, but 90% of the people you encounter in your daily errands could give a sh*t less what your driving or how much it's worth......that's what car shows,meet, and races are for ......enthusiasts :cool: