5.3L to 6.0L ?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

naaz90

Reaction score
Has anyone done a 5.3L to 6.0L engine swap in a tahoe? My engine is old and tired and I like the 6.0 in my Escalade. Can the Tahoe computer run the 6.0L or will a 6.0L computer needed, and will that be able to run the rest of the truck.

Does any know of any reputable shops in the New York city area for a this motor swap?

Are there any other forums I can check out?

thanks

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....and those links help him with an engine swap...how?

Good info for performance stuff, but I don't think thats what he's looking for...

firemanjim

Reaction score
I think the 5.3 and the 6.0 are the same demensions,I believe the ecu's are the same also.It should bolt right in unless you have an older 5.3 that does not have the drive by wire.Then you might have ecu and harness issues.I have a 5.3 conversion on my 03 Jeep and a buddy has a 6.0 and it looks exactrly the same ,we used the same harness and motor mounts.

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yuke2K said:
....and those links help him with an engine swap...how?

Good info for performance stuff, but I don't think thats what he's looking for...

Well I thought it was something that he would be interested in... :)