Stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon6127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, Does anyone know of a in dash dvd receiver that will fit in my factory location or very close to it. I am looking for something like this. http://www.primecaraudio.com/servlet/.1649180c/the-240/Eonon-E0626-In-dsh-Dash-7/Detail
That type, where it is all screen no motorized folding one. The dimensions i gathered for my stereo are roughly 3.5"h x 7.5"w. All the stereos i see are larger in height which seems to be the problem. Any ideas if not then any ideas on how to customize the dash to fit one. Almost all i have seen are roughly 3.93" or 4" height. So it doesnt have much further to go.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can install any standard single din sized stereo in your factory location. You simply need to pick up an installation kit for your make and year of vehicle. Wal Mart carries them, as well as most auto parts and car audio stores. The stock stereo is din and a half sized, and you can also find those. The double din size is too big, and won't fit in the stock location.

Go to www.crutchfield.com, and you will find dozens of stereos that will fit your rig. The good thing about ordering from that website is you also get all the necessary installation kits and wiring adapters for free. You also get installation instructions for installing it in your specific vehicle. But expect to pay a little more for the stereo.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jvc has the sickest one ever that just got released. its on crutchfield and has gps too! think its a 3.5" screen. it has built in hard drive to save music/movies plus you can hook up a rear view camera. wish i had $1000 to spend on one. i seen em on ebay new in box for under $700 but you don't get all the helpful install stuff with instructions and tech support like crutchfield.