Police Pursuit Tahoe PPV Question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tenmark262

Reaction score
Got an 05 Police Pursuit Tahoe PPV. Looking to install a swing-gate spare tire carrier on the back - similar to the H2. I've looked all over the web but can't find anyone who sells such carrier. I know it's been done, seen it on a fleet of Suburbans in pictures of a tour group in the Sahara.

I may have to fabricate one myself from used Bronco II, Jeep, or H2 parts but would prefer a read-made bolt on carrier.

Why? Why not. I figure it would make the truck badder to the bone and would prove to be useful down the road when I actually need to get at the spare. If you've ever try to get one down out-in-the-field in an actual road-side emergency and you'll know what I mean.

Other mods include OEM mp3 (not available for Tahoe), and reclining rear bench seats (got the brackets from fukushin).

Anyhow, any help is useful - thanks!!

Devildog_e5

Reaction score
reclining seat brackets

How much did you buy the brackets for? I am trying to locate some for my Z71 rear seats. Thanks

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get the swing-gate installed? I'd love to see what it looks like!

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i have a thread on to where this was sold/built ..its a while ago i may have it still ...i would also like to see what it looks like :)