BParker: 25 PM's?!?!? That blows, man!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DUUUUUDE!

What happened to the 100 message limit? I can't keep or receive any PM's because now my inbox is 100% full. Does it really eat that much space? I use PM's frequently, and like to retain copies of messages for reference later. Can we get this put back to 100 (I thought 100 was pretty low, but 25 is practically unusable).

Thanks!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno, maybe I just get alot more PM's than most people... 25 is pretty low, but I did just nuke a bunch of messages. Sure would be nice to have more "room" again. HINT HINT! :crazy:

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol! Yea making some adjustments - please bare with me..

Trying to "foresee" my growth pattern here and calculate server space requirements vs server load and performance.

If you look long term and what I allow as the "default" message space capacity and take 100000 users in a few years x 100 messages = 10,000,000 messages on the server and I need to consider the "load" burden on the server and performance for the forum.

So, in essence, I am trying to make some trims for the "default" user profiles but I will also be releasing an "incentive" program based off the corvetteforum.com that I think will satisfy those who have higher demands. :D

Have a look at this and here is where I am going.
http://www.corvetteforum.com/supporting/

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And for the record I did adjust it to 50 and that was my error. 50 is my intention is fine for "default" for now. We will see how it goes after we hit 50k users.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey how much for the life time membership, im game. i have a life time on a pool forum, willing to spend here too:thumbsup:

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will be deploying this soon as an image on the forum people will recognize.

Supporting Member - $25 per year
Lifetime Supporting - $100 one time payment
Gold Member - $50 per year
Lifetime Gold - $200 one time payment

But you can, as of now subscribe already.

If you want, go to your "User CP" (Control Panel) and scroll down on the left to "paid subscriptions" and choose which one you want.

There may be a glitch in how I set it up so if anyone does this and it doesn't automatically change or display the image PLEASE let me know asap so I can finger it out. As you have a "primary" user group and can be also have secondary memberships to other groups (which would be a supporting member group) and I am not sure if I need to "set" a users group to be primary in order for the image to display or if it will show if you are a member by way of secondary group. In any case, just let me know if anything unexpected occurs.

Brent

Last edited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool man -- I suspect that more explicit details for each level are forthcoming then, yes?

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, but basically look at this and just add some extras as in gallery space and extra smilies, stuff like that.

I want to give all I can, but there is a cost to everything we do, I can bare so much of the load and will need to rely on the community as we take on additional resources to sustain us.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/supporting/

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But once a "paid member" you are always a "paid member" and will always inherit additional privileges. You will not be asked to up your contributions.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did I read this correctly? a life time member to a pool forum?

They exist ? wow ....i really hate to ask what you guys talk about there LOL

yes they exist then they are a big help.

what chemicals are the best.

what if the pool turns green? whats the best filter pump for the pool. what kinda pool toys do you like.

if you have never owned a pool you wont really know how much more complicated they are to take care of.

chems have to all be in balance or you get green hair (too much copper) rashes (can be ph issues or alkalinity) some times the water gets cloudy and its time to clean the filter.

they are a huge help for a pool newbie like me.