New tahoe fever coming on strong..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kastiron

Reaction score
Maybe it is just the time of year, or the fact that my 99 has cost me a small fortune in the last 45 days for tune up, power steering pressure hose, fuel regulator something or other, and now a coolant leak repair, but I am starting to REALLY like the idea of a new(er) tahoe.

My once pristine LT now has a mismatched seat since the original gave up the ghost at 170k miles, and the carpet is in dire need of a replacement or deep clean.

Anyone else ever think of just upgrading rather than fixing up? Talk me down before I go trade in a really mechanically sound freshly tuned up ride and get taken!

Had it for near 7 years, just about 175k miles, it is at least paid for.

just venting, probably nothing serious..

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
It is my opinion that if the vehicle starts to get more expensive in repairs it is not worth keeping it unless you for some reason are really attached to it.This month is perfect to go get one as the gotta get the 07's out as the longer it sits on the lot costs the dealer money. Consider that SUV's are not selling as well now with insane gas prices. We bought ours for safety and we just eat out a lot less, but we love our 07 Tahoe it is a very well built vehicle and no regrets here. I would just pull the trigger on one and drive it for another 200,000 miles.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is just the time of year, or the fact that my 99 has cost me a small fortune in the last 45 days for tune up, power steering pressure hose, fuel regulator something or other, and now a coolant leak repair, but I am starting to REALLY like the idea of a new(er) tahoe.

My once pristine LT now has a mismatched seat since the original gave up the ghost at 170k miles, and the carpet is in dire need of a replacement or deep clean.

Anyone else ever think of just upgrading rather than fixing up? Talk me down before I go trade in a really mechanically sound freshly tuned up ride and get taken!

Had it for near 7 years, just about 175k miles, it is at least paid for.

just venting, probably nothing serious..

hate to say it, but im probably gunna NOT talk you down here, reason i sold my 99 suburban for a yukon xl was because repairs were more than car payments (even though i paid cash for it) but still loans were 400 a month and each month was somthing different, but i had 242k miles on it when i sold it so i figured it served its cause, and i talked to the buyer last week we sort of know each other , he put a new tranny in and is running fine now, so i guess i could have done the same but im really happy with my 06, so much that i know in my mind and will do every thing possable so that it will have the same spot in my garage for the rest of my life money is no object when it comes to my yukon, but its DEFINATLY WORTH IT. so yes im attached to it. :)

kastiron

Reaction score
Just returned from the mechanic. He wasn't able to tell for certain that it was leaking from intake manifold, but cleaned up the engine nicely and wants to take a look in a couple days to be sure.

There was a lot of mess from the power steering pressure hose recently replaced that was making it hard to figure out just what was coming on.

I asked him what he would do. His theory was that if the body is still good, shifts well, and runs strong he would keep it as the repairs needed would be about the same as 2 payments on a new one.

Oh, also need to be looking into brakes (again)

I am sure that things look the worst today, because my 98 astro cargo van was in the very next bay to the tahoe getting a new serp. belt, fuel filter, and found out it needs a MAS sensor to clear the service soon light that keeps coming on.

Aren't these cars fun? :D

kastiron

Reaction score
Adopt a tahoe month indeed.. I don't think I am going to be able to participate this year though. 07 was the year of the wife getting a new minivan....

Maybe next year.

kastiron

Reaction score
Trust me, I didn't pick it. She actually traded an 03 Suburban LT that was absolutely loaded for an 07 Up(yours)lander.

She loves the step in height and the ease of getting our kids (5,3,2) in and out....

Women....:rolleyes: