Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone removed the running boards from their tahoe? i think i am going to but before i go through the trouble i would like to see what it looks like. And no im not crazy, i just dont use them and would like to see the underside of the truck a little more.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you remove them you will expose the frame. If that's what you want people to see then remove them. My frame is usually caked with mud, and would rather cover that up, so the running boards will be staying on.:)

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you remove them, don't forget to get mudflaps. Your running boards act as mudflaps for the front. Without them, you're going to kick stuff up onto your doors. Save yourself the headache of scratched paint and immediately put on mudflaps.

Hardwarz

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i did remove the running boards. there are 5-6 brackets (i will have to look again) on each step. the truck itself has one bolt welded on for the top of the bracket and a hooked slot on the bottom for the underside. so you have to seperate bolts for each bracket along with a seperate screw on the front end of each. if i have a chance i will take some pictures to show you. its very hard to explain and im not doing a good job. by the way to you have a 2 or 4 door?

Tahoe1997

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have a 4 door. Like I said in the other thread, I have the 5 L-Brackets that are attached to the running board. But I have nothing welded to the truck like you are describing. I think I understand what you are saying, but pics would be great.

It looks like I will have to make my own brackets if GM doesn't sell them, and weld or bolt them to the body. Or just forget it all together and buy a Tahoe with running boards. :) I know I could buy aftermarket boards, but I would rather use OEM. I think they look better.