Another reason to hate mini vans.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Email Print Text Size
Minivans disappoint in bumper crash tests

Associated Press - December 20, 2007 1:43 AM ET

RUCKERSVILLE, Va. (AP) - The latest bumper crash tests conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety shows none of the six minivans, all 2008 models -- did particularly well.

The Nissan Quest was the worst, while the Honda Odyssey performed best overall. Institute senior vice president Joe Nolan says while they didn't have the worst bumpers IIHS has tested, they still allow way too much damage in minor impacts.

And even minor crashes can be expensive. The Institute says repairing the damages from low-speed crashes of 3 to 6 miles per hour could cost as much as $3,500.

In the Institute's bumper tests, each vehicle is run into a barrier designed to mimic the design of a car bumper. The steel barriers plastic absorber and flexible cover simulate cars energy absorbers and plastic bumper covers.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another reason to hate them? Nah. You're looking at it all wrong! It's a reason to be thankful you're in a Hoe/Yukon -- if you crash into one, it'll be the other guy dealing with the worst of it! :D No, I ain't gonna test that theory... :thumbsup:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving a mini van you might as well just surrender you man license.:tooth: :nunu: :nunu:

you might as well surrender your soal too. but yea LOOZER CRUZER, but wait, get wired drives a dodge caravan as a DAILY DRIVER, laptop just said getwired was a sissy:ktoe:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving a mini van you might as well just surrender you man license.:tooth: :nunu: :nunu:

:susel: Gee, thanks alot! :susel: Yeah, I drive the ole' beater when my wife needs the truck, or when I have to go downtown (public parking garage - not "Denali friendly"). Otherwise, I'm in the Denali. Trust me, my man license is in no immediate danger of suspension or revocation. Nothing wrong with minivans -- many SUV drivers are "converted" minivan-ers.

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:susel: Gee, thanks alot! :susel: Yeah, I drive the ole' beater when my wife needs the truck, or when I have to go downtown (public parking garage - not "Denali friendly"). Otherwise, I'm in the Denali. Trust me, my man license is in no immediate danger of suspension or revocation. Nothing wrong with minivans -- many SUV drivers are "converted" minivan-ers.

not me, but i may be a converted pick up driver, but never owned anything else other than a pick up or suv, almost went for a cadi once though. :yesnod:

but laptop, he still drives and owns a minivan. we need to do some thinking on the coolness level he has with us now :D

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree too, and what makes them even less cool is when someone tries to "trick them out" thats like a nerd trying to be cool in high school. :smilielol:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
i agree too, and what makes them even less cool is when someone tries to "trick them out" thats like a nerd trying to be cool in high school. :smilielol:

I laugh when they try to challenge me at a stop light trying to cut me off for the lane I'm in, just a touch of the gas and by by pesky mini van.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I laugh when they try to challenge me at a stop light trying to cut me off for the lane I'm in, just a touch of the gas and by by pesky mini van.

I don't think they are trying to challenge you. They are try to speed off because they are too embarrest to be seen driving a minivan. :gy: