Well the ZR1 will be a reality.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope they consider this Vette the SuperCar. I've read that the current Z06 can compete the Ferrari, Dodge Viper, Lambos, Mc Laren, Ford GT, Saleen, and Vanquish but still they dont consider the Z06 as a Super Car. Is it fast? why yes but not a super car. I don't see how they can come across that....

I hope they consider this one to be the Vette's first Super Car

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Automobile magazine: "Chevy's first $100K supercar."
There's an article in my latest Automobile Magazine issue about the new Z71. OMG, this thing is bad. Carbon fiber roof, hood, front fenders, rocker extensions, b-pillar, and front fascia splitter. Power to weight ratio is 12% better than the Ferrari 599GTB.
The carbon composite rotors used on the ZR1 were originally designed fot the Ferrari Enzo, and are "the largest carbon-ceramic rotors available on the planet" as described by cheif engineer Tadge Juechtner. 15.5" rotors in the front with 6-piston monobloc Brembos calipers and 15 inchers out back with 4-piston calipers.
The 6spd trans has a dual disc clutch assembly. Ratios have been tightened, and the car can accelerate to over 60mph in first.
Est top speed over 200mph.
0-60 mph well under four sec.
Juechtner says it should hit the streets weighing 3400 pounds and maybe even a little less.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
There's an article in my latest Automobile Magazine issue about the new Z71. OMG, this thing is bad. Carbon fiber roof, hood, front fenders, rocker extensions, b-pillar, and front fascia splitter. Power to weight ratio is 12% better than the Ferrari 599GTB.
The carbon composite rotors used on the ZR1 were originally designed fot the Ferrari Enzo, and are "the largest carbon-ceramic rotors available on the planet" as described by cheif engineer Tadge Juechtner. 15.5" rotors in the front with 6-piston monobloc Brembos calipers and 15 inchers out back with 4-piston calipers.
The 6spd trans has a dual disc clutch assembly. Ratios have been tightened, and the car can accelerate to over 60mph in first.
Juechtner says it should hit the streets weighing 3400 pounds and maybe even a little less.

This car it totally bad ass!, can we say Ferrari killer?

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nice... so the car has to cost 100K in order for it to be a Supercar??? Well anyways not a Ferreri Killer, an Auto Killer :D

San Jose Autoshow next weekend Whoo Hooo!!!!:cool2:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
if i had 100k to blow on ANYTHING it would be that. :smilielol:

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I HAD TO BUY A HOUSE !!!!!

stupid creature comforts.

Yeah but a house will definitely hold its value a lot better, as in 5 years how much will the ZR1 be worth, not 100,000 unless you put it on blocks and build a shrine around it and don't ever drive it, but what is the point of that?

Mad Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but a house will definitely hold its value a lot better, as in 5 years how much will the ZR1 be worth, not 100,000 unless you put it on blocks and build a shrine around it and don't ever drive it, but what is the point of that?

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! I feel for the guy who paid $1 MILLION (excluding tax and buyers premium) at the Barrett-Jackson auction earlier this year for the serial #1 ZR1 off the production line.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LS9? is this a new engine all around? or because they SC the 6.2?