94-99 Tahoe Questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jasontamu

Reaction score
Hi,

Im looking to sell my chevy truck and then buy a 94-99 tahoe SPORT. Im looking for:

4x4 Sport with hitch and V8 Automatic.

im selling my V6 truck because i need to get a V8 for towing. and the tahoe appeals to me.

my questions are?

1. what are the differences in those models? i keep seeing
LS, LT etc?

2. I do see some that SOME have doors in the back and some with a tail gate?

3. What problems do those years have that i should look out for when buying?

4. also? 4x4 on the fly? are they all like that?

5. what r the differences in year models?

6. engine choices? ive only seen 5.7L, is that it?

ive been searching on here as we speak as well.

thanks,
Jason!

Last edited:

yukonlover85

Reaction score
Well I think i can answer just about all your questions. IN the GM line up the differnet trim packages are LS and LT (in these years). LS is a more basic package with cloth seats etc. LT is the most lux. package, with leather seat power everything with a biger price tag too. Next barndoors in the back on both LS and LT models same with the hatch so it is hit and miss. All yukon and tahoe that least 96 and on have 4x4 on the fly under 40mph. I am not sure about 94 and 95. Lastly most tahoes/yukons have the 5.7Lr. motor but GM did offer a 6.7 dieasl engine but is in limited numbers so luck finding one. I am not sure about the questions that I skiped but this should help u some.

Mach Daddy

Reaction score

I just bought a Tahoe Sport for my son that is a virtual twin to the one in my post here: http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=419

Both of them are the LT model (Leather, auto, towing package ...)

Mine has the "barn doors" and his has the lift window/tailgate

Both are 5.7 L Vortec engines

Both are gonna be a scream to own. ;)

Good luck finding a clean, 2-door Tahoe ... especially a Tahoe Sport. They are getting more and more rare.

I had to drive 9 hours to get mine. As luck would have it, I had to drive 9 blocks to find the one for my son. :)

C5STATETROOPER

Reaction score
After 18 months of looking for a '99 2 door Tahoe Sport, I finally found one. I was picky, so it took longer than I had planned but i stuck to my original desire for black over grey leather, automatic, etc. As luck would have it, I found it about 4 hours away from the house!

HockeyHauler

Reaction score
I have seen a 1999 Yukon with the floor shifter and it was an LT model here in Canada, depends what you are looking for, it also had the 60/40 bench in the front with a leather interior.