DEI Remote Start System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Annihilator

Reaction score
Hey guys, just pick up a new hoe. I got 2 keys with 2 key fobs with the car. I noticed a white sticker on the fan cover stating that it has an dei remote start system. Is this is factory gm option or is it aftermarket? Also, how can I make sure it has it installed? I tried pressing multiple buttons on the fobs but didnt get anywhere. Thanks guys !

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check under dash for a dei black box, that would be the brain to the stat system. also while you are down there, check to seee if the main harness on the steering column still has wires tapped into it. if both of these exist, its all still there. remotes may be necessary to be purchased for it to function.

Annihilator

Reaction score
Hi, we'll I took a look and there are black boxes, but not sure if its for the remote start. What is typically written/inscribed on the boxes?

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should say dei on it. it should be approx. 3 inches square 1 inch thick, probably tucked under factory harness with zip ties holding it to something under the dash. wires from it will be going to the main harness of the steering column and will be tapped into that harness.