Sagging Door, Fix it Before it Breaks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
99 Yukon Denali, drivers side door kind of 'drops' a little bit when I open it. I see wear on the big pin in the doorjam. The door still latches successfully when closed, it goes back 'up' when the door mechanism contacts this pin.
I think the hinges are just wearing out and sagging, etc. maybe the door drops 1/4" or so at the pin.

Can this be fixed somehow before it fully fails?

thanks please let me know,
Pete

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe you can change the upper and lower rollers and pins in both the hinges.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea just have a reputable body shop replace the bushings on your door hinge pins and u will be good as new. the longer u wait the more likely u will have worn out your latch and/or handle. the handle is a BITCH to replace so most shops charge a lot

i got a quote for $120 a door for new pins and bushings installed. still haven't done it tho, just b/c i would have to leave it with em for a day...

mine is to the point where i have to roll the window down and grab the door and slam it to get the latch to grab. this really sux in the rain

Last edited: