Very cool portable SIRUIS product...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8545381&st=sirius&type=product&id=1188560189235

Product Features

* Stores up to 100 hours of music, news, sports or talk radio satellite programming
* Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity lets you listen to SIRIUS Internet radio via a wireless network
* Built-in microSD slot lets you add additional memory capacity (media not included)

* Easy-to-read multicolor LCD display and medial dial touch controls for simple browsing of your favorite SIRIUS Satellite Radio channels and programming
* Advanced audio processing for rich, deep bass response and crisp, defined sound
* Radio Replays function lets you easily store and recall recent satellite radio music channels for quick access
* Bookmark option lets you tag your favorite music for purchase using an online music service (online music service subscription required, not included)
* Sports alert function for easy tracking of your favorite sports teams; personalized sports ticker keep you aware of real-time news and updates for your favorite sports
* Parental controls let you lock and unlock satellite radio channels to prevent unsupervised operation
* Included My SIRIUS Studio software lets you quickly and easily upload your own MP3 and WMA music and audio files
* Includes ear buds, headset antenna, PC cable, battery, power adapter and My SIRIUS Studio software CD-ROM
* SIRIUS Satellite Radio subscription required to receiver SIRIUS Satellite Radio

8545381_sb.jpg

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i still think the iphone is much better, more features ALOT MORE. but theres no satilite radio, but thats what i have the yukon for, thats my portable xm radio :D :rolleyes2:

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I have an iphone and it is freakn great! however, I still cant access live SIRIUS which is a bummer as I love to listen to several channels....

On the iphone its only what you have purchased and or uploaded to it. Plus its only a 4gig memory...

I would love to have SIRIUS in mah pocket all day...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I have an iphone and it is freakn great! however, I still cant access live SIRIUS which is a bummer as I love to listen to several channels....

On the iphone its only what you have purchased and or uploaded to it. Plus its only a 4gig memory...

I would love to have SIRIUS in mah pocket all day...

i went for the 8 gig, very happy i did. :cool2:

but yea the perfect phone would have satilite radio with it, that would be awsome. :yesnod:

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally agree! That would be the ultimate phone indeed.

And for the record, we got the 8gig versions too. Duno why I was thinking we got the 4 gigers... :eek:

i went for the 8 gig, very happy i did. :cool2:

but yea the perfect phone would have satilite radio with it, that would be awsome. :yesnod:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet in about 2 years you will see a pretty amazing radio come out from XM or SIRIUS what ever they call the companies at that time.

i remember when i was 6 we could buy somthing and it would be years before it was out dated, now you buy somthing and a week later its obsolite, even cars and trucks :eek: :wow:

btw there is two of these little guys

there is :eek : and :wow : and they both come up with the same emoction- this guy::eek:

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet you are right. As, I smell something on the near horizon as well and I cant wait. I mean how great would it be to get XM or SIRIUS on your phone!? To me; that would be the end all and holy grail of phones.

I bet in about 2 years you will see a pretty amazing radio come out from XM or SIRIUS what ever they call the companies at that time.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they are deliberately accelerating the cycle of planed obsolescence.

probably for suckers like me who need the latest and greatest all the time. so they update it, i sell old stuff on ebay and buy new, i loose money but have new gadgets all the time. :lol:

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes some companies do this. Not all but some and Apple is at the top of the list that has been sued and accused several times for building in "premature failures" that happen just after the warranty expires.

In fact they were hit with a class action suit for the Ipods when they first came out as the battery fails (which is not replaceable) on time every time just after the warranty was up. This was on the first versions and first early production models until it hit the news.

Not all do this, but it happens more than you would think....

I wonder if they are deliberately accelerating the cycle of planed obsolescence.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/apples-ipod-battery-settlement-explained/

Apple’s iPod Battery Settlement, Explained

In early June 2005, Apple Computer settled a United States-based class-action lawsuit over battery problems in specific iPod models, offering compensation and/or free repairs to affected individuals. As of today, a web site called AppleiPodSettlement.com has been established, and a Claim Form provided for free download. iPod owners registered with Apple are already receiving the same Claim Form in the mail, along with a Notice describing the settlement. This new iLounge page serves as a clearinghouse for information and “frequently asked questions” reference for iPod owners with battery problems.

Who can claim? The settlement covers any United States resident who (a) purchased a new first-, second-, and third-generation iPod on or before May 31, 2004, and (b) experienced a “Battery Failure” within a specified period of time after purchase. You can submit one claim for each iPod you own that meets these standards, but not more than one claim per iPod.

Who can’t claim? No iPod with a Click Wheel controller - including the iPod mini, fourth-generation iPod, or iPod photo - is covered. Similarly, the iPod shuffle is not covered. You cannot claim if you purchased your iPod used, or purchased it after May 31, 2004, and you cannot claim if you haven’t experienced a Battery Failure, as defined below.

Which iPod do I have? First- and second-generation iPods included FireWire ports on their tops, unlike any other iPod. Third-generation iPods had circular “Scroll Wheel” controls with a row of four buttons on top that did not appear on any other iPod model. The picture below will help you identify whether you’re covered.

What is a “Battery Failure?” A third-generation iPod has experienced battery failure when “the capacity… to hold an electrical charge has dropped to four hours or less of continuous audio playback, with earbuds attached,” while first- and second-generation iPods have failed when they get “five hours or less of continuous audio playback, with earbuds attached.” Surprisingly, the definition does not mention whether the numbers need be reached with or without your screen’s backlight on. Regardless, your battery must have failed within two years of the date of purchase.

How do I know for sure if I have a Battery Failure? Run the test provided in Apple’s Notice, part IV. Reset your iPod, then update it with the latest Software Updater, fully charge the iPod, go to the Settings menu and turn on Repeat, then turn on a timer and play a song from an album. The song will replay until the battery runs out. If your iPod falls below the times specified above, your battery has failed.

What do I get if my iPod’s battery has failed?

First- and Second-Generation iPod owners: You can choose either (a) an Apple Store credit of $50, or (b) a $25 check.

Third-Generation iPod owners: The iPod’s one-year limited warranty is automatically extended for one additional year solely to cover battery failures. If the battery fails at any time within the two-year period, you may choose either (a) replacement of the battery by Apple, or (b) a $50 Apple Store credit. If you choose (a), Apple has the choice to replace the battery or the entire iPod. However, you will have to pay shipping and handling fees applicable under Apple’s limited warranty.

What about if my iPod failed and I already replaced the battery… or the iPod? Apple will send you a check for 50% of the amount you paid for the battery or iPod replacement, not including shipping or tax.

When must I act? Third-generation iPod owners have until two years after the original purchase date of the iPod to submit their claim electronically or by mail, or September 30, 2005, whichever is later. All other claims must be submitted by September 30, 2005.

I’m affected. What do I need to do? If you haven’t purchased Apple’s AppleCare Protection Plan for the iPod, you’ll have to fill out the Claim Form to receive any benefit. You’ll need to enclose proof of your iPod purchase - your receipt, a check, or a credit/debit card statement - and submit the claim form to the included address. Your proof can be vague (such as a $400 credit card charge for “electronics"), so long as you declare under penalty of perjury that the transaction was for the purchase of an iPod.

If you purchased AppleCare for the iPod and experienced a battery failure that was already remedied by Apple, the company will send a $25 credit to you without the need for additional action. However, you may be entitled to additional benefits, so read over the claim form carefully to see whether you qualify for more than $25.