Heater Hose Quick Connect Leaking Again!! Help Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malo68

Reaction score
I have a '99 Yukon with the 350 Vortec. I have a leak due to the quick connect coupling that attaches the heater hose to the intake manifold. I CAN'T BELIEVE how ridiculously STUPID this design is! A plastic retainer to hold the cooling hose in??? Anyway, on the manifold there's a coupling that screwed into the aluminum manifold. Inside the coupling there's a rubber boot that is supposed to seal the aluminum end of the cooling hose and a plastic quick connect retainer clip that's supposed to hold it in there. Well, the antifreeze is pouring out of there. I've already changed the coupling, the flimsy plastic clip and rubber boot twice already on 2 different occasions and it still leaks. There's got be a better, more permanent way to fix this. I'm thinking of just an aluminum threaded nipple with an old fashioned style hose clamp. I know that having 2 dis-similar metals would cause a reaction and possibly corrode so I'm assuming that what I'm looking for would have to be aluminum. Does anyone out there have a remedy for this that works? Thanks, Malo

malo68

Reaction score
Fixed it with a hose barb from Home Depot, a 5/8"-3/4" coolant flush connector, and some 5/8" and 3/4" hose. I will never leak again.

uxb101

Reaction score
hey malo i have a 99 yukon have you had any problems with yours,mine has been a nightmare.

malo68

Reaction score
The truck has been great since I bought it used in 2002. I've only had to change the water pump (twice) but just last month the intake manifold gasket sprung a leak. I'm mechanically inclined so luckily I was able to fix it myself. That was a project though. It took me a whole weekend to fix. I can't imagine what the dealerships get to do a job like that. Other than that it's been pretty good except for really sucky gas mileage in the city. But I guess in general it's been a pretty reliable truck. Malo

one_ina_mill74

Reaction score
Heatet Problems

I have a 99 chevy tahoe and the heat is blowing cold any ideas what might be the problem. Every now and then I'd feel it trying to get warm but no heat. Winter months approaching!:nonod:

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heater Core not getting coolant to heat up. I would start seeing if the heater control valve is doing it's job. Here is some pictures to help. Disconnect the hoses and see if the valve ius opening when your turn the heater to on to the hot side. I would start there

Attachments

• Heater control valve.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 36

malo68

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the reply and pics. I appreciate it. I posted this about 9 months ago and fixed the problem shortly after by making a permanent fitting with a brass hose barb and a clamps.

shania214

Reaction score
I had three replaced in a few months. First time it went out in a few weeks, this would be the heater hose connector, why would this happen. I had it covered under warranty but they wouldn't tell me why it keeps going bad, anyone?+

shania214

Reaction score
I have a '99 Yukon with the 350 Vortec. I have a leak due to the quick connect coupling that attaches the heater hose to the intake manifold. I CAN'T BELIEVE how ridiculously STUPID this design is! A plastic retainer to hold the cooling hose in??? Anyway, on the manifold there's a coupling that screwed into the aluminum manifold. Inside the coupling there's a rubber boot that is supposed to seal the aluminum end of the cooling hose and a plastic quick connect retainer clip that's supposed to hold it in there. Well, the antifreeze is pouring out of there. I've already changed the coupling, the flimsy plastic clip and rubber boot twice already on 2 different occasions and it still leaks. There's got be a better, more permanent way to fix this. I'm thinking of just an aluminum threaded nipple with an old fashioned style hose clamp. I know that having 2 dis-similar metals would cause a reaction and possibly corrode so I'm assuming that what I'm looking for would have to be aluminum. Does anyone out there have a remedy for this that works? Thanks, Malo
I've replaced three in a few months....why would this be?