Denali or LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DHall15

Reaction score
Ok guys I have been pondering this for awhile please give me your thoughts, here are mine:
Denali: Pro; Love the 6.2l and the Space
Con; MPG and not in love with styling
LTZ: Styling is great, better MPG than Denali
Con: 5.3L

Please give me your opinons

BTW has anyone heard GM may be announcing 0% around Pres. Day??

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get the Denali. The styling will probably grow on you and your getting a better package and an upscaler package than the LTZ.

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are both great SUVs. For $3000 more on MSRP than the Tahoe LTZ, I'd get the Denali. As for gas milage, well its much big of a difference. I have seen Hwy mileage around 19-20 and 15-16 in city on the Denali. Im sure you will like the Denali and it will grow into you. For me get the Denali. :)

Good Luck man

ockevin

Reaction score
get what you can afford. The denali will hold a better resale value.

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just registered today for this website since I just traded in my 04 Z71 for an 07 Denali. I had the same issue as you are currently having, as far as going with the Denali or the LTZ. I'll tell you what, the 6.2 on the Denali moves that truck VERY well. I love it, everything about it, from the power boards to the bigger beefier engine, to the 6 speed tranny. Good luck with whatever you choose, because I know it wasn't easy for me in the beginning, but now, I couldn't be happier with the decision I made!

Scott5000

Reaction score
I had to make this difficult choice myself. One other factor to consider is that your supposed to run premium unleaded in the Denali where the Tahoe does just fine on 87 octane. Now if gas prices shoot up again, sometimes the difference between regular and premium can be as much as 40 cents. I was really on the fence, but my wife liked the looks of the Tahoe better and with the new chrome package on the LTZ, it almost has the appearance of an Escalade, so that's what we went with. Still you can't go wrong with either one.

DHall15

Reaction score
Thanks for all your input. Hopefully GM comes out with a good promo for pres. day.

hyperlite91193

Reaction score
I just saw this post, so I don't know if you're still looking for opinions. Although I can't vouch for the Denali since I don't have one, I have to tell you that I love my 07 LTZ. Personally I think the front end looks better on the Tahoe, but that's personal opinion. I absolutely love everything about the LTZ. Not one complaint. I have a little over 2,000 miles and I average 16mpg. Not great, but not that bad considering this is a beast of a vehicle. Bottomline, whatever you get, you'll be driving with a smile on your face. I get compliments and looks everyday!

PatrykKoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MPG really shouldn't be that much of an issue since we are driving suvs you know? My Denali Averages about 14mpg and I have a lil' heavy foot and 24s. If you are trying to save on gas, I would probably get something like an A4 or S4 wagon, still a lot of space, but not so much money for gas.

I like the styling of both vehicles. The deanli will have a better resale, and I'm seeing the new Tahoes and Escalades everywhere, but rarely see the Denali's or even base Yukons driving around.

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

GMCSUV

Reaction score
ChiTownTimmay said:
I just registered today for this website since I just traded in my 04 Z71 for an 07 Denali. I had the same issue as you are currently having, as far as going with the Denali or the LTZ. I'll tell you what, the 6.2 on the Denali moves that truck VERY well. I love it, everything about it, from the power boards to the bigger beefier engine, to the 6 speed tranny. Good luck with whatever you choose, because I know it wasn't easy for me in the beginning, but now, I couldn't be happier with the decision I made!
With the 6.2 and the 6 speed, this is a Muscle Truck. I mean this truck hauls. 0 - 60 in the sixes! The exhaust has a nice rumble at idle when you are standing behind the truck. Sounds almost as good as the stock exhaust on my C6.

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMCSUV said:
With the 6.2 and the 6 speed, this is a Muscle Truck. I mean this truck hauls. 0 - 60 in the sixes! The exhaust has a nice rumble at idle when you are standing behind the truck. Sounds almost as good as the stock exhaust on my C6.

I fired up the truck for my buddy and he said the same thing about his C5...told me it sounded just like it, which is pretty cool to hear. It depends on my mood, sometimes I fire up the truck from the inside because I like the quiet rumble from in there, but sometimes I'll remote start the beeyatch from behind just so I can hear the exhaust. Weird, I know! :)

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't like the look of the Denali at all. I bought the LTZ and love it. The 5.3 is also quite a bit more powerful than I thought it would be.

Jackel

Reaction score
PatrykKoul said:
MPG really shouldn't be that much of an issue since we are driving suvs you know?

He's right. Over 100,000 miles the 5.3 will only save you about $3,000. I put that on my trucks in around 3 years. So, I got the 5.3 to save $1,000 a year in gas. Otherwise I would of got the Denali if I didn't drive so much.

First post :D - Glad to be here!

P.S. If my math sucks blame it on my 5th grade teacher!

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is actually more then that. My wife drives a Yukon XL and gets 15 mpg, while my next door neighbors wife has a Yukon XL Denali that is getting 11 mpg. Driving in the same conditions and virtually the same amount of Highway driving.

5.3V8- 100,000 divided by 15= 6666.6 X $2.50= $16,666.50
6.2V8- 100,000 divided by 11= 9090.9 X $2.50= $22,727.50

An approximate difference of $6,000, using an average for comparison of $2.50 a gallon. We all know that gas is likely to go up, and that is also not including the fact that the Denali requires Super Unleaded. With this said, the Denali will also have better resale value.

Personally, if it was up to me I would have chosen the Denali. There is no substitution for Horsepower! That's why GM needs to offer the Duramax in these vehicles. My Duramax Silverado has 500 hp and still gets 18 mpg with 35's :D

Jackel

Reaction score
you sat in the front of the class didn't you. lol

Thanks for the correction. My math DOES suck. This is the main reason why I went with the loaded Yukon. That and I didn't like all the wood grain in the Denila. It seems to scratch too easy. The Denali is very nice, almost too nice for taking it on the job site, but a beautiful truck!

disboardwidower

Reaction score
gmcul8r said:
the fact that the Denali requires Super Unleaded. With this said, the Denali will also have better resale value.

:D

Super Unleaded???? Really? Just picked up my '07 last Saturday. Manual reads 87 octane...

Am I wrong?

FYI: first 500 miles in mixed driving I'm getting 16.4 mpg. My '04 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited only got 15.

slowmobile

Reaction score
I made that mistake and it is a mistake. I went by the fact that it says 87 in the manual and put in regular unleaded (85 since I'm at high alt) thinking to save maybe $5. The vehicle didn't ping but it felt like I was towing a trailer. It was cruel, when you get used to the power and have to settle for less. I ran the tank down as far as I was brave enough (used 22.6 gallons) and filled it up with 93 octane (premium is only 91 at my altitude) for the next few tanks. I had to go across town to get it. I'm tempted to try midgrade which is 87, but I would rather go above then below so I'm not going to try it. I don't really feel mid-grade is worth the bother since I may save only $2 a fill up, besides I waste more than that flooring it on the on-ramps. If anyone has used mid-grade, please advise of your experience.

disboardwidower

Reaction score
I'm going to check with my dealer and confirm what they filled it up with on the first tank. I've only filled it once (and that was wit 87) I've not noticed any performance issues.

But yeah, I'm with you, a few extra dollars a tank is not much if I get better performance.