Disconnecting EGR / Evap valves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Throttle

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just found this place, mostly because I just started playing around with my 98 Tahoe 4x4. I am in the process of messing around with the intake manifold (and the aweful CSFI) and putting headers on it. My main question is about the EGR and evap stuff on the mainfold. I dont need the emission controls anything so I am wondering if I can take off the EGR and evap and put block off plates on the manifold (headers dont have a fitting for the EGR) or if doing so would throw the computer into a fit. I also have a superchips programmer if it makes any difference.

Thanks for any help!

Bmanies

Reaction score
N ot quite sure, but I know when I had my EGR unhooked my check engine light kept coming on.

Throttle

Reaction score
Yep and that is exactly what I was trying to get around without having to fabricate a new setup for them. I never did find a way around them so I did have to fab up a new way to mount and connect them.

If anyone does figure out a way to by pass them and trick the computer please let me know, I would love to get rid of that crap.