CB for CD slot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a CB that will fit in the hole for the Stock CD Player? (lower slot under heater controls) Im going for a clean meant to be there look to my dash.

I can figure out mounting it in the hole, i just need one that will fit in the slot.

If you have a CB, thats not IN the dash, where do you have it mounted?

Also, what antenna's are you guys using? where do you have the cable ran and where is it mounted?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i wish you had a gmt 800 insted of a 400, i remember the cd slot in my 99 suburban, very small, your going to need to find a tiny cb radio or cut it bigger . i had a cb in my 99 and i had it installed in the center console, fit perfectly, could still shut the lid and preformed like a dream.

right now im using a simple 25 dollar radio shack antenna, i want to upgrade to this http://www.rfwiz.com/Wilson5000.htm and possably a duel set up, expensive YES (very) worth it, according to my CB buddys it is.

i right now run my antenna wire through the sun roof on my 06, i had a antenna on my old suburban that looked like the fm am antenna and i put it on the other side to match, they ran it the same way through the same hole in the firewall, except ran it to the center console once in the cabin, saw about 5 or six miles out of it. on my set up now i see 8 to 10 and with the new antenna plan to see 12 to 15.