Basic wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured that this might help someone out there.

So, with every vehicle I end up purchasing, I end up putting in extra equipment. Alarms, lights, radio equipment, etc. All this extra wiring ends up with me running extra wires.

Over the last few vehicles, I've finally come up with this.

Put a fused 12g wire from the battery to fuse block. This fuse block will be constant +12VDC. From the fuse block, I run a Bosch type relay to two ther fuse blocks. One for NO +12VDC and one for NC +12VDC. Fuse blocks are from AutoZone. About $7.00 ea. I use an ignition trigger to activate the relay.

Here is the wiring diagram:
accessorywiringqw4.jpg

This is the fuse block that I use:
FuseBlock2cRev-lg.jpg

The fuse blocks have T grooves that link one to another. 3 blocks in a row is easily done. The block also has a bus type bar. Link your power into that one and it powers up all 4 terminals. 4 accessories per block is easy. If you want to seperate one of the fuses, just cut the bus bar.

Now I can run anything I want. I have constant +12VDC for an alarm or remote start. I have +12VDC NO for things that need to run when the engine is on. I also have +12VDC NC trigger to tell something that the engine is off or to activate a blinking LED. Best of all, it's all fused.

I'm actually still building the harness, but I'll get pictures asap.

Hardwarz

Last edited: