Does anyone have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking bout buying some clear ones and masking a chevy symbol inside and painting them black and the headlights shine thru the masked out part looking like an illuminated chevy sign...

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that would also be illegal, at least in my state. Not to mention the fact that your headlights would be practically useless at night. The blacked out portion would cut down too much on the light that you need in order to see well at night. Unless all you only drive within city limits once the sun goes down, I would advise against it.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense to anyone but who cares if it's illegal...my tint is illegal, my exhaust is illegal, my sound system is illegal, my tv's are illegal, my headlights are illegal, my tail lights are illegal, the truck it's self might as well be illegal haha...everything that is fun and different is illegal if you think about it, but I really dont care much for the tinted headlights...and plus majority of them don't fit perfectly and they stick out...or just fall off

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^well said........yea i dont want them for my night driving just on those real nice fresh waxxed sunny days to get some heads turned

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good points Trend Setta.
Hey man, if you wanna make some custom headlight skins for kickin it around during the day, do it. Make sure to slap up some pictures too.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only thing i dont like about blacked out headlights is how much light output is lost, keep that in mind if you go in dark roads.

my bose radio is completly stock and its LOUD, i mean i dont see how an aftermarket radio that CAN go loud is automaticly illeagle, any car radio can be illeagle then because their loud. gotta be more to it.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense to anyone but who cares if it's illegal...my tint is illegal, my exhaust is illegal, my sound system is illegal, my tv's are illegal, my headlights are illegal, my tail lights are illegal, the truck it's self might as well be illegal haha...everything that is fun and different is illegal if you think about it, but I really dont care much for the tinted headlights...and plus majority of them don't fit perfectly and they stick out...or just fall off

Well, it kind of depends on where you live. In some areas, with just one of the illegal items you listed you would be hassled by the cops. I would rather not give them a reason to pull me over just because they are having a slow day.

But the other thing is just the idea of following the law. Say what you will, and you can decide for yourself, but we have laws for a reason. What if everyone had the same attitude about laws as you do? Where do you draw the line on laws if you gladly break the ones you disagree with? So, you don't care about breaking vehicle laws, what about shoplifting laws? Or assault? Where do you draw the line?

Slowly climbing off of soap box now.

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey all im saying is ide want em for daytime and sunshine there easy to pull of i had em on a 93 explorer limited i had and i loved em just wanted to see what they looked like before a purchase......is all

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey all im saying is ide want em for daytime and sunshine there easy to pull of i had em on a 93 explorer limited i had and i loved em just wanted to see what they looked like before a purchase......is all

Sorry, my above rant wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I was just trying to make a point. I guess maybe I came on a little stronger than I intended. But I get a little aggravated when people think that they are above following the laws that are in place because they disagree with them. I must be getting old. I'm starting to sound like my father.

Brandon6127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just buy some new bulbs. I had them on my 99 White LT 4x4 and they looked SWWEEETTT as hell. Someone stole them though. Just buy some blue halogen bulbs and they shine through just like normal or you can also just drive with your brights on because they shine through as much as your regulars did before the black outs.

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My father has these on his 96 k 1500. I'll post a picture later on tongith when I find one.

The nice design about those ones for those years is that they simply slide in. No tape, no velcro, basically nothing permanent.

What my father does is drive around with them on during the day (not illegal to do that) and then he takes the top ones off at night. Whole process of putting them on and taking them off literally takes about 15 seconds for all 4.

I would recommend them as they look bad ass.

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The picture, as promised:

DSCN0356.jpg