07 Escalade Tail Lights on 07 Yukon or Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PatrykKoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone done this yet?

I was wondering if anyone has access to the 2007 Yukon and 2007 Escalade wiring diagrams. I have 2007 Escalade Tail Lights that I am trying to hook up to my 2007 denali. I determined the following wire color functions:

Escalade Lights:
Yellow - unknown
Blue - Stop/Turn
Black - Ground
Brown - Park/Side Marker
Dark Green with Orange stripe - Reverse
Pink with Black stripe - unknown

Yukon Lights:
Light Green - Reverse
Brown - Park/Side Marker
Black - Ground
Blue - Stop/Turn
Yellow - Unknown

Can you tell me what the function is of the yellow wire present in both the Yukon & Escalade lights? (possibly a feedback for lamp burn out detection?) And, what is the purpose of the Pink with Black stripe wire on the Escalade lights? I was able to verify all of the above with a DVM & a 9v battery (i.e., the lights work without either the yellow or pink/black connected).

Thanks

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want to install Escalade Tail lights, you also need to change plastic appliqe (not sure is spelled it right) the one above the light.
connectors are different, so what I did was bought a new tail light short harness, cut it in the middle and crimped it to escalade tail light harness.
on escalade light you use only 3 wire out 5, and you have to use 2 diodes per light, after you do that, your turn light signals will be flashing very fast, because resistanse on LED light is different. so you'll need to get a resistor kit

PatrykKoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have what diodes or resistors you used? Also what do you mean a new plastic thing? I know the harness on the lights is different. You don't need to use the pink/black wire from the escalade ones. I was just going to use my oem harness plug from my stock tail lights, cut the escalade harness plug off, and connect the stock denali harness plug to the escalade tail lights with the correct resistors or diodes. Let me know, Thanks!

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PatrykKoul said:
Do you have what diodes or resistors you used? Also what do you mean a new plastic thing? I know the harness on the lights is different. You don't need to use the pink/black wire from the escalade ones. I was just going to use my oem harness plug from my stock tail lights, cut the escalade harness plug off, and connect the stock denali harness plug to the escalade tail lights with the correct resistors or diodes. Let me know, Thanks!

load resistor i bought from
www.superbrightleds.com
I think part # was RL-650. I used 1amp diodes. see, on your vehicle right now you have separate wires for turns and stop. in escalade it's only one wire .that does dual function.
sometimes next week I'll be doing one. and I'll do a write up and post it here, so you guys can see how it gets done
but you steel need to change plastic piece above your tail lights. other wise your escalade tail light will not fit.

PatrykKoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be great if you did that thanks? What plastic piece are you talking about? Can you take a picture of it?

jamac36

Reaction score
YEAH ME TOO.PLEASE TRY AND DOCUMENT IT WITH AS MANY STEP BY STEP PICS AS POSSIBLE.ALSO CAN YOU DO THIS TO A 07 YUKON:confused:

ohmslaw

Reaction score
Count me in I have the tail lights sitting right in front of me. Just havent had the chance to wire them up. Its a shame its not a simple swap! :(

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tuesday when I go back to the shop, I'll give you guys part numbers.
so You know, I don't own SUV, but I work on them on every day basis.
those Escalade tail lights swap i did it only once, was actually helping friend of mine. and we replaced third brake light as well. He also did front headlights swap on his Yukon for Escalade ones as well. those looked bad a$$, but they are expensive as hell.
like I've said in other my post, I'll be doing this mod again for somebody else, and I'll take pics and do complete write up for You guys,

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jamac36 said:
Hey where did you get your lights and cost also what type of suv do you have.

I bought those lights at the cadillac dealership,
later this year I'm planing to buy a Yukon. but for right now I drive 06 STS
also there are europian version of those lights available. they look the same, just a clear lenses instead of red

ohmslaw

Reaction score
$350 a piece thru the dealership! Helps to know a parts guy got them for a little less but worth the price just gotta get out there and figure out the wiring. :confused:

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ohmslaw said:
$350 a piece thru the dealership! Helps to know a parts guy got them for a little less but worth the price just gotta get out there and figure out the wiring. :confused:

next time before you buy this type of parts, let me know first.
if you can still take them back. I can get you those for like a $100 less per light including shipping

ohmslaw

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer how about the third brake light ? Is that a direct bolt in? Also this plastic part you mentioned before? Like to do this all in one shot how about part numbers and post pics later. I'm an electrician and know my diodes from resistors. what did you use the diode for? I see the tail light resistor you linked how do you wire it all up?

jamac36

Reaction score
gm_geek said:
next time before you buy this type of parts, let me know first.
if you can still take them back. I can get you those for like a $100 less per light including shipping
Call me about those tail lights and I want to talk to you about the head light swap on the YUKON.Did you have to any body modifications, was the lights plug and play or did you have to splice into the wiring.ANYWAY YOU CAN CONTACT ME DIRECTLY @ 832-657-7055 names ROY.:confused:

jamac36

Reaction score
THAT PLASIC PIECE YOU SPEEK OF IS THAT THAT LONG CORNER PIECE THAT GOES BETWEEN THE SIDE GLASS AND THE BACK WINDOW IF SO WHAT DO YOU REPLACE IT WITH:confused:

PatrykKoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah that's the vent cap, it does not need to be replaced. Mine fit fine. The denali and the escalade are the same car as the exterior is concerned minus the front end, rear tail lights and 3rd brake light. There is no difference in the widows, vent caps or hatch at all.

jamac36

Reaction score
PatrykKoul said:
yeah that's the vent cap, it does not need to be replaced. Mine fit fine. The denali and the escalade are the same car as the exterior is concerned minus the front end, rear tail lights and 3rd brake light. There is no difference in the widows, vent caps or hatch at all.
Did you install your lights or did you just do a fit test.

Last edited:

ohmslaw

Reaction score
jamac36 said:
THAT PLASIC PIECE YOU SPEEK OF IS THAT THAT LONG CORNER PIECE THAT GOES BETWEEN THE SIDE GLASS AND THE BACK WINDOW IF SO WHAT DO YOU REPLACE IT WITH:confused:

Think your right I just test fitted my Escalade lights on my 07 Tahoe and the shape of the lights is more at an angle. The Tahoe's tail light is more rounded. So you do have to replace the plastic piece as mentioned.Now how will the 3rd brake light housing fit with these new plastic pillars? Do you have to replace the 3rd brake light plastic for an Escalade to match? GM Geek knows his stuff!

konasmrz

Reaction score
ohmslaw said:
Think your right I just test fitted my Escalade lights on my 07 Tahoe and the shape of the lights is more at an angle. The Tahoe's tail light is more rounded. So you do have to replace the plastic piece as mentioned.Now how will the 3rd brake light housing fit with these new plastic pillars? Do you have to replace the 3rd brake light plastic for an Escalade to match? GM Geek knows his stuff!

If anyone has the part numbers for these (plastic piece? vent caps?) that would be appreciated as well

jamac36

Reaction score
ohmslaw said:
I have an 07 Yukon XL and GM GEEK(GURU)told me that all you needed was to replace the plastic pieces and the lights will fit no problem and will not affect the 3rd brake light cover. :D