aftermarket nav integration 2007 Yukon/Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gettreal

Reaction score
Very Clean install and excellent write up. Really glad to have you on the forum.

jamac36

Reaction score
All Fourm Members Please Read

This Guy (GM GEEK) is a GM GURU on any questions on GM parts or aftermarket parts this guy is in my opinion is Micheal Jordan of GM parts and installation.He is a GEEK GOD in the Cadilac Fourm.So if I would you I would direct all tech or parts question to this guy. He can also get you what you need on parts .So I think we all need to show him some love and welcome him to this Fourm.:D

Jon07LT

Reaction score
gm_geek said:
here is a write up of install that I did
I hope this will help to You guys

Thanks for the write up. A couple of questions if you don't mind. As always I was checking out my aftermarket options.

1-I have the single cd/dvd unit with the rear dvd screen and rear console controls. If I go after market is there anyway that I can still use the rear controls?

2-Who makes the factory unit. It has the Bose speakers, but I don't think it is a Bose unit.

3- Any specs on the unit anywhere? On the web?

4-Where is the amp and Xm receiver? I can feel something under the drivers seat.

I would like to put a better stereo in, maybe a NAV/DVD unit something like the Pioneer you did. I would like to retain the DVD and rear controls with the headphones etc. If not, at least maybe change the amp to something better. Any suggestons?

Appreciate your time,
Jon

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jon07LT said:
Thanks for the write up. A couple of questions if you don't mind. As always I was checking out my aftermarket options.

1-I have the single cd/dvd unit with the rear dvd screen and rear console controls. If I go after market is there anyway that I can still use the rear controls?

2-Who makes the factory unit. It has the Bose speakers, but I don't think it is a Bose unit.

3- Any specs on the unit anywhere? On the web?

4-Where is the amp and Xm receiver? I can feel something under the drivers seat.

I would like to put a better stereo in, maybe a NAV/DVD unit something like the Pioneer you did. I would like to retain the DVD and rear controls with the headphones etc. If not, at least maybe change the amp to something better. Any suggestons?

Appreciate your time,
Jon

1. If You go with aftermarket nav Radio, You will loose rear seat audio controls
2. factory Nav Radio is made by Denso (I believe)
3. as far as specs on factory readio, just go to gmc.com or chevy.com and you may get some info on that radio, as far as features/etc.
4. xm reciever located behined your glove box and bose amp is located underneath your center console

going with aftermarket nav radio You may be able to retain your rear seat monitor, but you'll have to find somebody who knows how to do it. it's not that hard, but a little rewiring requiered. going with after market nav radio you will loose your factory xm option, but you can buy aftermarket tuner, same brand as your new nav radio that you want to put in.

yukonlover85

Reaction score
Well the unit i am pretty sure is a delphi but not sure but ur Xm receiver is on top of your roof of the tahoe.

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yukonlover85 said:
Well the unit i am pretty sure is a delphi but not sure but ur Xm receiver is on top of your roof of the tahoe.

I'm holding one right now in my hands. nav radio for 07 yukon/tahoe made by denso. on top of the roof is xm antenna not the module :)

P1012518.jpg

P1012510.jpg

Last edited:

Jon07LT

Reaction score
gm_geek said:
I'm holding one right now in my hands. nav radio for 07 yukon/tahoe made by denso. on top of the roof is xm antenna not the module :)

Hmm..sure would like the unit you have in your hands. :D
Although, it would not support the rear entertainment stuff either huh!!

ockevin

Reaction score
I need the wiring to hook up aftermarket nav ( Pioneer Z-1) to the factory rear drop down Panasonic monitor..... I dont want to loose the rear tv.

Kevin

finehoe

Reaction score
Hey GM Geek, Can the automatic folding mirrors be added aftermarket on the 07 Tahoe LT2 model? I would sure appreciate your help :)

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ockevin said:
I need the wiring to hook up aftermarket nav ( Pioneer Z-1) to the factory rear drop down Panasonic monitor..... I dont want to loose the rear tv.

Kevin

it's possible. I'm going to give you a link where you can see connector/wiring view. that one you need is Radio C3 (U42)
it's a gray connectory behined your radio
ps: don't pay attention that it says Escalade

http://cadillacintegration.com/2007_Escalade_Radio_Amplifier_Wiring.html

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finehoe said:
Hey GM Geek, Can the automatic folding mirrors be added aftermarket on the 07 Tahoe LT2 model? I would sure appreciate your help :)

I think you can. I did not do it my self but I've read many threads about it. I'll try to find those links for you

ockevin

Reaction score
I too am interested in the power folding / or LED turn signals on my stock non-LED mirror.

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ockevin said:
I too am interested in the power folding / or LED turn signals on my stock non-LED mirror.

If You talking about factory ones, I can check some info/diagramm/options
if You thinking about aftermarket ones, I don't know much about those

ockevin

Reaction score
the factory mirrors...I want the LED turn signal and power folding mirrors instead of the lame stock ones.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be done as I just got my 07 Yukon 3 days ago and the dealer is installing the power fold/led signal mirrors and the door switch/module for me as soon as they get the parts in. Was part of the deal to purchase it. I think they figured $800-$1000 for everything including install. They are also switching the painted mirror backs also.