Tips, tricks, ideas, opinions, on my '99 2-door Tahoe Sport Rebuilt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeanEboy

Reaction score
Ok, so my lovely sister, while using my beautiful Tahoe, managed to drive it straight into the ground. With no low oil light, and her ridiculous amount of driving, the engine now claps at me. I am planning on putting another 5.7 back in there, rebuilt. These are the ideas I have in my mind:
Throw the 5.7 in there, with a few extras, air intake, I toy with the idea of a supercharger.. What are the reliable engine mods that prolong life of the engine? Beefed up water/oil pumps/coolers?
Will the new/rebuild be more efficient? Any other mods that increase efficiency? Transmission cooler necessary for any reason?
The U-joints on these things always go, is there such thing as a reinforced u-joint?
How about bagging it, what does that involve? How much$$? Does it require a specialized installer? Or can the gearheads at my cousin's Meineke figure it out?
It already has Flowmaster Stage 2's, full dual exhaust on it (to give you an idea of their talent, I have gotten compliments every single time the thing has been jacked up, on the quality, and layout of the exhaust system).
I would love to do the interior, in a one-off show fashion, perhaps a carbon fiber motif, with some sound fixtures, video... I like, and need my cargo space, so maybe a false floor, or amps mounted in the rear side windows (on a custom rack, would be dope..), What do I need to spend to fulfill a decent system?
My sister also did an excellent job in the interior with her cancer-stick-moves, so most of the interior is shot... You would think she had a party in the damn thing.. She probably did.. Well, she should have, because I know I used to... I've packed 7 people in there, comfortably.
I have always had the idea of a touch screen, in-dash, computer in mind... With a massive hard drive, I can throw tons of music/video on. Anyone ever seen this done? Are there companies out there?
I was even thinking of some sort of retractable ground effects, one piece, kind of triangulating down the wheel wells, or perhaps even blowing the wells out a bit... But, it would be kind of cool, if the thing could morph from being slammed (of sorts..), to being more than capable of hitting the beaches out here...
Wheels: Chrome is not necessary, as I will probably keep the black out theme going with the rims as well. American Racing's Torque Thrusts in black look really nice to me..
I would smooth out the bumper, roll pan as well.. I actually have always wanted to see what building some Hella Rallye 5000's into the bumper would look like...Kind of like what the old Mitsubishi Lancer EVO used to look like.. But I wish I could draw, and see what that would end up as...

I would love to hear any ideas, comments, do's, dont's, etc, you may have.

Thanks for reading!

Sean

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try www.mp3car.com you can goto the forum or just check out the store

I have always had the idea of a touch screen, in-dash, computer in mind... With a massive hard drive, I can throw tons of music/video on. Anyone ever seen this done? Are there companies out there?

Sean