New Tahoe Owner/ TV install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cookaw

Reaction score
I have a 2004 tahoe with factory bose system, flip down monitor, and dvd player. I want to replace my factory head unit with the kenwood double din player. The problem is that I want to be able to use my flip down monitor for the children while I watch what I want to up front. Right now, I can turn on the dvd player and let the kids listen using their headphones while I listen to what I want to. I want to be able to keep this with the aftermarket headunit. Nobody I've talked to has a clue if this is possible. Any info would be appreciated.

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not possible. because on your factory dvd system turn on, control by a DATA wire.
the only option ( I never confirmed that, but's possible) to keep Your factory radio energized and hide it somewhere in the truck, and them have output of your factory dvd player rewired

cookaw

Reaction score
Thanks for your info. I thought that would be hard to do. Quick question though. Are their RCA inputs on my factory Flip Down? If there are, then couldn't I use an aftermarket dvd player. Once again THANKS.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have to disagree on this a little i also have the 04 Lt the main head unit only needs to be turned on if you want the audio from the movie played through your BOSE system. Since the DVD player is on the roof with the Video unit it's pretty self contained. Also the RCA jacks that you are referring too are input jacks like you wanted to add a playstation like I did in mine.

Dont get me wrong though GM_geek is also right since the newer hoe's have the DVD player in the head unit up in the drivers area and it does have a data cable running to the LCD ..

ALso I'm running the pioneer Double din head unit in the front of my truck and love it .

only thing is that I also have XM and i kinda miss the 6 cd player :) so i'm thinking of upgrading to the navigation head unit...