is it me or is the new sequioa bad ass..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ehaser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw one tonight and it dwarfed my denali!! Looks great from the outside but I'm not sure about the interior

thoughts??

ehaser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boy...I expected that one

I wasnt talking about value.. I think it's a good looking truck.. Sorry to disapoint but everyone is entitled to their opinions. I'm assuming most of the comments are because it's not american...Typical.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the way they look from dead straight on, but I hate how much the roofline slopes down, it makes it look retarded. Same thing applies to the Tundra. I looked at the Sequoia but went with the tahoe on looks and value.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have to expect biased answers as your on a tahoe forum. Toyota forums probably say the same about tahoes. But yes I will always buy American ANC chevy. And to tell you the truth the toyota is just butt ugly

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
you have to expect biased answers as your on a tahoe forum. Toyota forums probably say the same about tahoes. But yes I will always buy American ANC chevy. And to tell you the truth the toyota is just butt ugly

I honestly think it is ugly as hell and pricing one out thy tend to nickel and dime you on options, and where is cylinder deactivation, and yes I love my Onstar.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd keep my Denali if this were my other choice...

What do you mean, "dwarfed my Denali"? Is it taller, or just bulkier? It looks about the same size to me. I don't think it's hideous, but the tail end looks like a giant Camry, and the grille is butt-ugly. Not bad from the side. I'm sure if Lexus makes a version for '09 , it will be better looking.

photo_3.jpg

NASTAY front end. :puke:

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sequoia is essentially the same size as a tahoe.
I looked at and drove a sequoia before I got my tahoe. The interior of the sequoia is a joke next to the tahoe's. It is a cheap toyota interior, toyota still doesn't get it that their interiors are garbage.
Exterior, Looks are a matter of taste.
One of the things that sold me on the tahoe is that it drives much nicer than the toyota. The sequoia feels like an old truck, the tahoe drives like a car.
Pricewise, I could've got a loaded sequoia for about the same price that I got my loaded LT3 Z71 Tahoe. What do you think is the better deal?
BTW, toyota does something that the idiots at GM still dont get, the Sequoia has bluetooth.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sequoia is essentially the same size as a tahoe.
I looked at and drove a sequoia before I got my tahoe. The interior of the sequoia is a joke next to the tahoe's. It is a cheap toyota interior, toyota still doesn't get it that their interiors are garbage.
Exterior, Looks are a matter of taste.
One of the things that sold me on the tahoe is that it drives much nicer than the toyota. The sequoia feels like an old truck, the tahoe drives like a car.
Pricewise, I could've got a loaded sequoia for about the same price that I got my loaded LT3 Z71 Tahoe. What do you think is the better deal?
BTW, toyota does something that the idiots at GM still dont get, the Sequoia has bluetooth.

its not that gm does not get it, its that they want you to use the onstar system, buy their minuites, or get verizon, which sucks badly, at least let more than one carrier work on it, how about att, altel, sprint, tmobile, get the big guys all in, then we can stop complaining about bluetooth. which i hate btw, bluetooth always craps out on me, in the middle of a call, as what ever phone im using goes in to battery saver mode and stops the bluetooth signal, stupid design.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still think gm doesn't get, how many sales have they lost because you have to use verizon or you are screwed?
I agree with you though that they should open it up to all cell providers, I'd still get the onstar.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fugly! The only thing good about it is the 10K pound towing capacity, and maybe the fold flat 3rd row. I bet the Lexus version will look a lot better.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They haven't made a lexus version in the past and I don't think they are going to now. There is the Lexus LX, but that is the Toyota Land Cruiser equivalent.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Tahoe has much to worry about.

There is really no comparison. I think toyota really dropped the ball on the Sequoia. They need to either make the 4runner a bit larger or drop the price on the Landcruiser, the Sequoia is neither here nor there.

Let's see which will still be made in 10 years. The Tahoe is almost a guarantee, the Sequoia maybe/maybe not.

Bernie Lomax

Reaction score
Love the Tundra/Sequioa bodies. Heard they are having some serious troubles with the Tundra though?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all this proves is why im glad i own a chevy. :Chevy:

quick note on the bluetooth thing though, STINKS, hate bluetooth. i would rather just wear a head set. :thumbsup: