PDA

View Full Version : is it me or is the new sequioa bad ass..

ehaser
01-16-2008, 01:03 AM
I saw one tonight and it dwarfed my denali!! Looks great from the outside but I'm not sure about the interior

thoughts??

Rollin Thunder
01-16-2008, 01:05 AM
im not sure what your smokin, but i think i want some

bparker
01-16-2008, 01:43 AM
:giggling:

LAP TOP GAMER
01-16-2008, 02:04 AM
It looks like a big turd, just like the Tundra, ugly!

LAP TOP GAMER
01-16-2008, 02:12 AM
This thing is a rip off, you need to spend 55K just to get steering wheel controls! I love how Toyota nickel & dimes you on options.At 54K you get floor mats, wooohooo!

ehaser
01-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I wasnt talking about value.. I think it's a good looking truck.. Sorry to disapoint but everyone is entitled to their opinions. I'm assuming most of the comments are because it's not american...Typical.

Gambler
01-16-2008, 11:15 AM
I like the way they look from dead straight on, but I hate how much the roofline slopes down, it makes it look retarded. Same thing applies to the Tundra. I looked at the Sequoia but went with the tahoe on looks and value.

Rollin Thunder
01-16-2008, 11:22 AM
you have to expect biased answers as your on a tahoe forum. Toyota forums probably say the same about tahoes. But yes I will always buy American ANC chevy. And to tell you the truth the toyota is just butt ugly

LAP TOP GAMER
01-16-2008, 11:36 AM
you have to expect biased answers as your on a tahoe forum. Toyota forums probably say the same about tahoes. But yes I will always buy American ANC chevy. And to tell you the truth the toyota is just butt ugly

I honestly think it is ugly as hell and pricing one out thy tend to nickel and dime you on options, and where is cylinder deactivation, and yes I love my Onstar.

Getwired
01-16-2008, 11:48 AM
What do you mean, "dwarfed my Denali"? Is it taller, or just bulkier? It looks about the same size to me. I don't think it's hideous, but the tail end looks like a giant Camry, and the grille is butt-ugly. Not bad from the side. I'm sure if Lexus makes a version for '09 , it will be better looking.

http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/2008/sequoia/gallery/exterior/large/photo_3.jpg
NASTAY front end. :puke:

Rafael
01-16-2008, 12:06 PM
The sequoia is essentially the same size as a tahoe.
I looked at and drove a sequoia before I got my tahoe. The interior of the sequoia is a joke next to the tahoe's. It is a cheap toyota interior, toyota still doesn't get it that their interiors are garbage.
Exterior, Looks are a matter of taste.
One of the things that sold me on the tahoe is that it drives much nicer than the toyota. The sequoia feels like an old truck, the tahoe drives like a car.
Pricewise, I could've got a loaded sequoia for about the same price that I got my loaded LT3 Z71 Tahoe. What do you think is the better deal?
BTW, toyota does something that the idiots at GM still dont get, the Sequoia has bluetooth.

Rollin Thunder
01-16-2008, 12:30 PM
The sequoia is essentially the same size as a tahoe.
I looked at and drove a sequoia before I got my tahoe. The interior of the sequoia is a joke next to the tahoe's. It is a cheap toyota interior, toyota still doesn't get it that their interiors are garbage.
Exterior, Looks are a matter of taste.
One of the things that sold me on the tahoe is that it drives much nicer than the toyota. The sequoia feels like an old truck, the tahoe drives like a car.
Pricewise, I could've got a loaded sequoia for about the same price that I got my loaded LT3 Z71 Tahoe. What do you think is the better deal?
BTW, toyota does something that the idiots at GM still dont get, the Sequoia has bluetooth.

its not that gm does not get it, its that they want you to use the onstar system, buy their minuites, or get verizon, which sucks badly, at least let more than one carrier work on it, how about att, altel, sprint, tmobile, get the big guys all in, then we can stop complaining about bluetooth. which i hate btw, bluetooth always craps out on me, in the middle of a call, as what ever phone im using goes in to battery saver mode and stops the bluetooth signal, stupid design.

Rafael
01-16-2008, 12:48 PM
I still think gm doesn't get, how many sales have they lost because you have to use verizon or you are screwed?
I agree with you though that they should open it up to all cell providers, I'd still get the onstar.

gmcul8r
01-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Fugly! The only thing good about it is the 10K pound towing capacity, and maybe the fold flat 3rd row. I bet the Lexus version will look a lot better.

Gambler
01-16-2008, 03:56 PM
They haven't made a lexus version in the past and I don't think they are going to now. There is the Lexus LX, but that is the Toyota Land Cruiser equivalent.

LAP TOP GAMER
01-16-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't think the Tahoe has much to worry about.

Rafael
01-16-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't think the Tahoe has much to worry about.

There is really no comparison. I think toyota really dropped the ball on the Sequoia. They need to either make the 4runner a bit larger or drop the price on the Landcruiser, the Sequoia is neither here nor there.

Let's see which will still be made in 10 years. The Tahoe is almost a guarantee, the Sequoia maybe/maybe not.

Bernie Lomax
01-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Love the Tundra/Sequioa bodies. Heard they are having some serious troubles with the Tundra though?

Rollin Thunder
01-16-2008, 06:27 PM
all this proves is why im glad i own a chevy. :Chevy:

quick note on the bluetooth thing though, STINKS, hate bluetooth. i would rather just wear a head set. :thumbsup:

johnebgoode
01-16-2008, 07:09 PM
I saw one tonight and it dwarfed my denali!! Looks great from the outside but I'm not sure about the interior

thoughts??

"Is it me or is the New Sequoia Badass"

It's you...............:rofl: :rofl:

z71offroader
01-16-2008, 07:46 PM
:puke:

LAP TOP GAMER
01-16-2008, 08:17 PM
I would say the new TOY came from an ass!:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

fco_gonzo
01-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Can You put a lift on the toyota cebolla?

bparker
01-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Yes, you are correct sir, and yes everyone is entitled to their own opinions and views on anything and I certainly respect that.

But I am not sure if this thread should have been posted in the applicable forum. This is the 2007+ Tahoe section, and this thread is biased to the Sequioa, thus it probably should be in the "Other vehicle section or General Offtopic".

I wasnt talking about value.. I think it's a good looking truck.. Sorry to disapoint but everyone is entitled to their opinions. I'm assuming most of the comments are because it's not american...Typical.

akim47
01-16-2008, 08:41 PM
personally i don't like the new sequoia. isnt the lexus GX based of the same platform? the GX is due for a redesign... i still think my denali looks better on the outside... but i can't say the chevy has the best styling... im my opinion GM "still doesn't get it"... for a $55K truck (ok, i do realize its a truck still)... a lot of the interior still looks "cheap" in the yukons/tahoes... just my opinion... oh yeah, and i do think GM has THE WORST navigation i have EVER seen or used... EVER... maybe toyota aint great, but i think that GM is still light years away from Lexus' styling, comfort and technology... hope not to offend, but just my $.02... btw, i still LOVE my denali and wouldn't trade it for the world... (well maybe a P 997 TT)...

Rollin Thunder
01-16-2008, 08:44 PM
personally i don't like the new sequoia. isnt the lexus GX based of the same platform? the GX is due for a redesign... i still think my denali looks better on the outside... but i can't say the chevy has the best styling... im my opinion GM "still doesn't get it"... for a $55K truck (ok, i do realize its a truck still)... a lot of the interior still looks "cheap" in the yukons/tahoes... just my opinion... oh yeah, and i do think GM has THE WORST navigation i have EVER seen or used... EVER... maybe toyota aint great, but i think that GM is still light years away from Lexus' styling, comfort and technology... hope not to offend, but just my $.02... btw, i still LOVE my denali and wouldn't trade it for the world... (well maybe a P 997 TT)...

i think toyotas interiors are worse actully, more plastic and they look cheap, and you have to spend like 60k to get even a moderatly equipped lexus, and if you think about it, cadillac is the lexus of chevy, and cadillac has some damn nice trucks and cars, a whole lot nicer than lexus.

CobraKai
01-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Saw one today while dropping my kid off at school. It's definitely bigger (i.e. taller) than my Tahoe, but then again, I'm sitting on stock 17s. It's beefy-looking, but I thought it was much uglier as well. It's really hard to improve on the current Tahoe exterior, at least IMO.

Rafael
01-16-2008, 11:33 PM

The closest lexus to a loaded tahoe would be the LX. They cost about $25,000 more than a tahoe, so I would expect a lot more vehicle. Besides a great interior, awesome sound system and a virtually sound proof cabin, the LX's 4wd system is one of the best available. Unfortunately, most LX's are driven by a bunch of soccer mom's who will never take the thing off of nice road, what a waste of a great off road vehicle.

Gambler
01-17-2008, 04:34 PM
The closest lexus to a loaded tahoe would be the LX. They cost about $25,000 more than a tahoe, so I would expect a lot more vehicle. Besides a great interior, awesome sound system and a virtually sound proof cabin, the LX's 4wd system is one of the best available. Unfortunately, most LX's are driven by a bunch of soccer mom's who will never take the thing off of nice road, what a waste of a great off road vehicle.

I'm planning on going off roading in the sand with my Uncle this summer at the OBX. I'll let you guys know how the Tahoe fares vs the Land Cruiser (same as the LX).

Rollin Thunder
01-17-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm planning on going off roading in the sand with my Uncle this summer at the OBX. I'll let you guys know how the Tahoe fares vs the Land Cruiser (same as the LX).

carova??? headed there in march and and again also this summer.

Gambler
01-18-2008, 09:29 AM
carova??? headed there in march and and again also this summer.

Corolla, we are going there in august.

Rollin Thunder
01-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Corolla, we are going there in august.

Carolla is close, but not as secluided. have fun :D

LAP TOP GAMER
02-04-2008, 03:11 AM
To me all of the Yota's are either boring as hell looking or just plain ugly as hell.

Mad Dawg
02-14-2008, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=Rollin Thunder;32352]you have to spend like 60k to get even a moderatly equipped lexus,

Really??? How do you define "moderately equipped?" Obviously you do not have a clue about Lexus, the standand equipment/options on their vehicles as well pricing. I would suggest that you educate yourself about Lexus before making statements on something you know nothing about. I currently own a 07 Lexus GS350, previously a 05 RX330, both were purchased new, both fully loaded with nearly every option available and I walked out the door (taxes, tag, destination, doc fees) for less than $45k.

Ok enough bashing, please do not take any offence. Love our Tahoe, and so far it has been bullet proof. But just think about something for just a minute. Toyota will likely overtake GM as the worlds largest automaker in the very near future. This did not happen over night. It was done by providing very well built vehicles at exceptional values.

bparker
02-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Please do not make personal attacks on this forum by saying things like "you dont have a clue" and "you need to educate yourself" etc..

its very distasteful to read, see and keep a calm temper when reading remarks like this.

Disagreements will happen, just state your opinion and be done, but NEVER attack an admin or a moderator of a forum or you will find yourself on a extended vacation.

Really??? How do you define "moderately equipped?" Obviously you do not have a clue about Lexus, the standand equipment/options on their vehicles as well pricing. I would suggest that you educate yourself about Lexus before making statements on something you know nothing about. I currently own a 07 Lexus GS350, previously a 05 RX330, both were purchased new, both fully loaded with nearly every option available and I walked out the door (taxes, tag, destination, doc fees) for less than $45k.

Ok enough bashing, please do not take any offence. Love our Tahoe, and so far it has been bullet proof. But just think about something for just a minute. Toyota will likely overtake GM as the worlds largest automaker in the very near future. This did not happen over night. It was done by providing very well built vehicles at exceptional values.

Rollin Thunder
02-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Please do not make personal attacks on this forum by saying things like "you dont have a clue" and "you need to educate yourself" etc..

its very distasteful to read, see and keep a calm temper when reading remarks like this.

Disagreements will happen, just state your opinion and be done, but NEVER attack an admin or a moderator of a forum or you will find yourself on a extended vacation.

thank you for handling this Brent.

its been along 16 hours driving accross the us. :cool:

road1will
02-15-2008, 01:32 AM

honestly, the land cruiser will blow the tahoe away off road.

LAP TOP GAMER
02-20-2008, 02:55 AM
There is no doubt that Toyota does build good vehicles, but they are ether ugly or boring

Rollin Thunder
02-20-2008, 03:00 AM
There is no doubt that Toyota does build good vehicles, but they are ether ugly or boring

There you go. But with todays quality control a tahoe can be just as safe (if not safer since their huge) and reliable, god knows if my truck could handle the single digits climin 12 and 15% grades, with hot heat coming ou. doing 80 or 50 if i needed 4wd to get through ice and snow, plus driving around town when i got there even helping my mothers friend move in towing about 5000k worth of stuff in a cargo trailer, and never once gave me a hickup i will never drive anything else. :eek2: chevy got ballz.

Rafael
02-20-2008, 12:02 PM
honestly, the land cruiser will blow the tahoe away off road.

They have different purposes. Off road I'd rather have a land cruiser.
On pavement, especially for long trips, I'd rather have a tahoe.

Land cruiser from the suspension down is great, from the suspension up it is an overpriced corolla.

Getwired
02-20-2008, 02:10 PM
...from the suspension up it is an overpriced corolla.

:smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

JAGastrock
02-20-2008, 11:05 PM
I used to would have taken an LX 470 over an Escalade ANY DAY of the week, but with the new Escalade, Im not so sure about that anymore. Even though the LX is still much smoother and much quieter inside then the Escalade, in my opinion.

road1will
02-21-2008, 04:54 PM
They have different purposes. Off road I'd rather have a land cruiser.
On pavement, especially for long trips, I'd rather have a tahoe.

Land cruiser from the suspension down is great, from the suspension up it is an overpriced corolla.

You gotta be kidding. Have you been in a LX or Land Cruiser? I'm not talking about an FJ Cruiser.

There is no comparison in a LX or LC to any GM Product, to be honest. I love GM, but there really is no comparison. If I could justify a 70k+ SUV I wouldn't be in a Tahoe. It would be a LX470 or Range Rover.

road1will
02-21-2008, 04:55 PM
I used to would have taken an LX 470 over an Escalade ANY DAY of the week, but with the new Escalade, Im not so sure about that anymore. Even though the LX is still much smoother and much quieter inside then the Escalade, in my opinion.

+1. The ride, power delivery, comfort, interior quality, fit and finish, etc is light years beyond an Escalade.

Rollin Thunder
02-21-2008, 05:03 PM
You gotta be kidding. Have you been in a LX or Land Cruiser? I'm not talking about an FJ Cruiser.

There is no comparison in a LX or LC to any GM Product, to be honest. I love GM, but there really is no comparison. If I could justify a 70k+ SUV I wouldn't be in a Tahoe. It would be a LX470 or Range Rover.

NAW, if you really look at it, why would i spend 70k when i could spend 40k and get plenty offroad capabilities.

while i could have seen spending 90k on a landrover and almost did, i dont see spending 90k on a landrover now when consumor reports has all those problems listed. :umn:

ehaser
02-21-2008, 05:12 PM
I can tell you this.. the MY03+ Rovers are some of the best driving vehicles ever. The interior is top notch. You almost feel like you are in a Bentley. HOWEVER,
maintenance/reliability is a big issue. Here's my analogy
The RR is almost like my old girlfriend from Scores NYC.. Great to look at..fun to ride and high maintenance... Needless to say..I married my girlfriend from highschool and settled down with a Denali...Both are reliable and great to look at..

I guess it depends what one is looking for... I will say that lexus/toyota have a great track record. Gm products are only recently picking up their quality controls...

Rollin Thunder
02-21-2008, 05:15 PM
I can tell you this.. the MY03+ Rovers are some of the best driving vehicles ever. The interior is top notch. You almost feel like you are in a Bentley. HOWEVER,
maintenance/reliability is a big issue. Here's my analogy
The RR is almost like my old girlfriend from Scores NYC.. Great to look at..fun to ride and high maintenance... Needless to say..I married my girlfriend from highschool and settled down with a Denali...Both are reliable and great to look at..

I guess it depends what one is looking for... I will say that lexus/toyota have a great track record. Gm products are only recently picking up their quality controls...

i admit, gm lost some of that quality in the later years, but in the 50's threw 80's they built a damn good product. but thats happend with any car maker, and its all about the money, we can save money here if we use plastic, we can save money here if we dont pay this guy alot. nobody really takes pride in their work anymore, its more about makeing MONEY

but through all this, gm still makes a nice AMERICAN truck.

road1will
02-21-2008, 05:17 PM
NAW, if you really look at it, why would i spend 70k when i could spend 40k and get plenty offroad capabilities.

while i could have seen spending 90k on a landrover and almost did, i dont see spending 90k on a landrover now when consumor reports has all those problems listed. :umn:

Oh, guess I didn't "really look at it".

Tell me, what problems exactly are you referring to?

road1will
02-21-2008, 05:18 PM
i admit, gm lost some of that quality in the later years, but in the 50's threw 80's they built a damn good product. but thats happend with any car maker, and its all about the money, we can save money here if we use plastic, we can save money here if we dont pay this guy alot. nobody really takes pride in their work anymore, its more about makeing MONEY

but through all this, gm still makes a nice AMERICAN truck.

I'll agree with that. For an American truck, it is nice.

Rollin Thunder
02-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Oh, guess I didn't "really look at it".

Tell me, what problems exactly are you referring to?

consumor reports listed Fair or Poor for everthing except the exhaust, and the BMW engine.

road1will
02-21-2008, 07:52 PM
consumor reports listed Fair or Poor for everthing except the exhaust, and the BMW engine.

Post a link to back that up.

Rollin Thunder
02-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Post a link to back that up.

do you have an account for consumor reports online??? Its costs 19 dollars a year, but i will see if i can snap a pic for ya

Rollin Thunder
02-21-2008, 08:35 PM
does the link work???

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/models/new/land-rover/range-rover/overview.htm

JAGastrock
02-22-2008, 12:16 AM
I wouldnt spend it on a Range Rover EVER. But I have to say that I would spend it on the Lexus LX 470. NOTE, I would rather have an Escalade then the new LX 570....which just doesnt tickle me. That look of substantiality is gone. I adored the 470, and would take a 2006 470 over a 2007 Escalade. People yack about their tahoes going to 200k, etc etc etc. Thats great, thats alot of miles. A Land Cruiser or an LX 470 could do 200k without a hiccup, and then more.

Hoebag03
02-22-2008, 01:12 AM
in my opinion, the lexus is just an over priced ugly toyota! i dont need my car to parallel park for me, thats what drivers ed was for! :ktoe:

chevyrider
02-29-2008, 01:48 AM
in my opinion, the lexus is just an over priced ugly toyota! i dont need my car to parallel park for me, thats what drivers ed was for! :ktoe:

Agree 100 %

JKmotorsports
03-06-2008, 02:15 AM
RT is right; Consumer Reports rated the Land Rover Range Rover, RR Sport, and LR3 as the worst of the worst in reliability and maintenance. It scored very low in a lot of categories, and even customer satisfaction. And though I don't own one, I've worked on plenty of them and have to agree with CR's rating.

akim47
03-06-2008, 01:50 PM
i wouldnt knock toyota. i love both toyotas and chevys... driving both, my toyota was a bit more reliable, i had 180K miles on the 4runner before i sold it for $11K. Nice value retention... but i love my denali more than any car i've ever had....

im not into the whole american vs. japan thing... when i was buying my denali i heard the salesman trying to sell a couple a silverado. "you don't want to buy a tundra, you are just sending money to them japs"...

im not japanese, but i did feel obliged to stop and tell the salesman and the couple that the new tundra was designed out of ann arbor michigan, styling done in newport beach ca, and lastly built the engines are built in Huntsville, AL, and put togther at facilities in Indiana and San Antonio, TX...

i dunno, but sounds like they're putting some food on the tables of hard working americans... i don't know all that much about the Chevys, but i do believe some of the GMT900s are manufactured in Canada...