light codes for 07 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a little research today on lights for 07 Yukon

Head Light is H13 is a High beam, and H11 is a low beam. I actualy founded a site they have a good deal for the kit $179 price will show $199 but if you click to buy it it will change to $179
2 x ........ Xenon Bulbs
2 x Ballasts with integrated starters
2 x Connectors
Wire Harness (FREE)
Accessories for installation
Complete Instruction Manual
http://www.hidworld.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16134&category_id=249

and here just bolbs replacement
http://www.luminicsbulbs.com/h13_bulbs.php

Fog lights are 9773 in case if you want to upgrade those
Park and Turn signals are 5702 I also heard it's 7443 if you call dealer, they can tell you exactly what code is it

now, for those who does not want to spend a lot of money for escalade tail lights, you can just simply buy LED light bolbs, they look pretty good too.

here is a couple links

http://www.superbrightleds.com/
http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm

Last edited:

LTZBluez

Reaction score
gm_geek... do you happen to have the bulb information (Low, Hi, and Fog) for the tahoe's?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's also a replacement set of taillites coming out that "looks" like LEDs. But not like the Esky.

IMMensaMind

Reaction score
I've been looking for an HID kit for my '07 Yukon, but without luck. I do not want to go with the entire assembly (which needs to be bolted on with brackets), but with a 'just the bulb' replacement kit.

Anyone heard of one?

IMMensaMind

Reaction score
Well: I'm getting discrepancies on what the foglight bulbs are on a 2007 Yukon. When you take apart the foglamp assembly, the bulb itself has this printed on it:

PS24WFF
A731CD

This particular bulb has no HID foglamp equivalent that I've found so far.

The Hi/Lo circuits are one bulb, H13 from what I understand. I'm sure the Tahoe is different, hence the discrepancies. Is it possible that the Tahoe and Yukon use different foglamps?

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, I spent a some time today with a part guy talking about those fog lights rplecement bolbs.
there are no conversion data available yet. awile back I was giving conversio part # for the fog light,and I placed a post. but now I have feeling that I was giving wrong info.
How ever. after doing some cross_reference 06 vs 07 models, I came to conclusion that they are the same, because when we did search,on the comuter (chevy parts department) it said 02-07
thi is what search came up with :
for Tahoe/Suburban fog bolb# was
9145 or/and 880
for Yukon was 880 only
please don't hold me liable if this is incorrect. but talking to technitians and parts guys, they are positive that this is it.
also, I'm not so sure, doing HID for the fog lights is good idea. I was told that because of high temp, light may melt plastic housing. again, that's what I've been told.
those guys said Sylvania Silverstar is a very good option

IMMensaMind

Reaction score
Thanks for diggin, gm_geek. I thought that because the HID uses less wattage, less heat is expelled. Isn't that true across the board? Does someone have any data showing what heat is emitted by HID vs. conventional halogen bulbs?

TIA

IMMensaMind

Reaction score
Okay: I've confirmed a couple of things:

1) 35w HIDs will not damage where 55w Halogens are installed. Less heat - always.

2) The 880 bulb from 2006 will not work. The bulb base is wholly different. This PS24WFF bulb is a totally different animal.

Here is a link to a guy irritated that there are no replacement bulbs for the PS24WFF bulb, and took matters into his own hands with a Sylvania 9005XS SS bulb:

Retrofit of a 9005 bulb into a PS24WFF spot

I think I'm going to take that retrofit to the next level: I'm going to get an HID kit that replaces the 9005 bulb, and do the exact same thing to it.

One more thing: the 2007 Yukon uses one bulb for the DRL, Hi, and Lo beams. If you install a H13 HID kit, you need an additional relay - one that overrides all but 35w and over voltage, or your HIDs will flicker, and your ballasts will quickly fail. The DRL circuit uses far less voltage, and as such does not provide the HID ballast enough juice to get it to properly fire. You need a circuit that only allows 35W and over to pass. Of course, this means that you lose your daytime running lamps - which may be a problem for people in areas which require one. You'd have to set up a new circuit entirely, and possibly drill new holes in your lamp housing to accomodate DRL. Customizing possibilities aside, that sounds like a major PITA.

Hope this helps - I'll post pics when I am all through this project!

Last edited:

IMMensaMind

Reaction score
Okay - one more thing I'm thinking about: I'm not so sure that the DRL circuit on the '07 Yukon isn't simply the low beams running constantly. I think it might be - in which case, anyone running an HID conversion kit will be running their HIDs a whole lot more than they'd otherwise choose to.

LTZBluez

Reaction score
IMMensaMind...good find! :thumbsup:

I guess that is the only way to do the foglight upgrade.

noble

Reaction score
"If you install a H13 HID kit, you need an additional relay "

do you know where i can get this relay??
and do you remove the factory relay and replace it with the new one? or add it?

IMMensaMind

Reaction score
Well: I got E-mailed a response to this thread, so I thought I'd update it.

I used http://www.o-nex.com for my HID upconversion, and it worked out great. I did in fact completely modify the base of the HID lamps as I mentioned in my earlier post. Here's a picture of what I did:

This is a picture of the OEM foglight housing with bulb in place:

DSC01725.jpg

This is a picture of the OEM foglamp/base:

DSC01729.jpg

I sculpted the base of the HID bulb to fairly perfectly fit into the OEM foglight housing:

DSC01739.jpg

Installed, and held in place by its own teeth:

DSC01740.jpg

Instead of clipping off the OEM plugs on the wiring leads (to save the ability to convert back to OEM fogs), I bought adapters.

The headlights turned out to not need relays. The HIDs work as DRLs (you can choose to turn them off if desired), and they fire right up using the low voltage required by the DRL circuitry. I have had on one or two occasions one of the ballasts not properly fire, and not light one of the bulbs, in which case I just do it again. Here's a pic of the HID headlights (pic taken before HID foglights were wired):

DSC01751.jpg
DSC01746.jpg

Muted to show color (6000K):

DSC01750.jpg
DSC01752.jpg

Last edited: