Navigation not working because of tint?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lvegaskid1

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum...

I just bought a 2007 Tahoe LTZ with OEM navigation and recently installed dark limo tint (5% metallic) throughout the car and also the lightest shade tint available on the front windshield as well.(Yes, I know it's illegal but it really helps when the weather gets 115 here in Vegas)

Now my GPS is acting up and I get no signal or my nav tells me I'm on entirely different streets. Does anyone know where the gps antenna is located and if the tint is causing the problem.

I'm thinking it's somewhere in the dashboard and hopefully if I remove the windshield tint I can get it to work again.

I'd greatly appreciate and knowledge/advice anyone has on this subject.

Thanks

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is some pics for GPS antenna location

1697392-1.gif

1673758.gif

lvegaskid1

Reaction score
Update:

The tint was taken off today and everything's back to normal :) Although, I heard ceramic tint doesn't interfere with GPS signals incase anyone is wondering.

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XM DUDE said:
Where did you get those diagrams, a factory service manual?, they look awesome! .

yes I use GM Sevice Manual.
If somebody needs any schematics/wiring diagramm, please ask and I'll post them here

junior1

Reaction score
navigation acting up

i also have an 07 tahoe and its doing the same thing my navigation icon doesnt exit the main freeway onto the feeter it stays on the freeway and thinks im still on the freeway instead of the feeter i have also installed limo tint all around and tint on the front top of weindshield i read your post and i went to remove my tint on the front and it was still doing the same thing nothing diffrent what else did you do ????

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I use GM Sevice Manual.
If somebody needs any schematics/wiring diagramm, please ask and I'll post them here

Is it the Helm's factory manual? Every time I check with them, they say it's still not available. :mad: