A little Conversation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon07LT

Reaction score
So it's been about 2 1/2 weeks now with my new LT3, and so far I really like it. It drives great, quiet and smooth. I've put about 2k miles on it and the gas mileage has been about what the sticker said. It’s averaging a little better than 16 general around town stuff. And a little over 20 on the trips up to Seattle, which is about 400 miles round trip.

The only thing that I may have to do something about is the seat stiffness. It's a little hard and I sit somewhat higher than I like or did in the 2000 Denali I traded in.
I noticed it when I test drove it, but figured it would mold to the seat of my pants. But I'm a little over 6' 2" and I want to sit a little cushier like in the Denali.
I talked to an upholstery shop and he said he could stuff it with softer foam for about 65.00 so I may do that.

But all in all it's great. The 2 options I didn't think I would use that much really turned out to be great. The folding mirrors and the remote start. It's funny with the remote start, a couple of times when I have used it, when I get in and put the key in the heater blower and things quiet down a little and I swear that it shut itself off. It's so smooth and quiet that it takes a second or looking at the tach to see in fact that it is still running.

One thing I find weird is that the seat belt warning chimes even though I'm in park. I'm like geesh give me a minute I haven't even left yet.

And I was driving with the radio off and I couldn't figure out what the motor running sound was. I had listened to an Audio DVD and even though I had switched to XM, the DVD still seemed to be spinning up. I'm driving down the road trying to get a clue where the h*** the noise is coming from until I pushed the DVD eject button and it stopped.

Anyway like I said, a little conversation.
Jon

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My PITA seat belt reminder doesn't come on nearly that fast. I don't remember, is that one of the things you can set using the setting buttons right of the instrument cluster? If not, maybe the timer starts when you start it remotely?