OEM Navigation radio install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started my install of the factory OEM Denso navigation radio. Waiting for the JP Customs connector kit ($35 + $8 ship) to arrive to finish the install. I am installing this unit in a 07 Yukon with no rear dvd. It is GM part number 15940103. I first tapped into the VSS wire in the power junction box.

Attachments

• vss1.JPG
    vss1.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 635
  • vss2.JPG
    vss2.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 523
  • vss3.JPG
    vss3.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 463

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next was installing the gps antenna

Attachments

• putty.jpg
    putty.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 427
  • radio_trim.jpg
    radio_trim.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 395
  • trim_removed.jpg
    trim_removed.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 413

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last of antenna install, more later after all the parts arrive.

Attachments

• dash_block.jpg
    dash_block.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 486
  • ant-dash.jpg
    ant-dash.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 449
  • ant_connector.jpg
    ant_connector.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 476

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good job, just one question, did the block of wood bend or damage the plastic trim???

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are kidding right? No it did not harm anything as you can lift the piece up as high as you want. I just used it to hold it up while I snapped the antenna in place and fed the lead wire thru the hole. There is no pressure on the block at all nor does the dash piece bend.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The JP Customs wire connector kit arrived today and I finished the install

Attachments

• onstar_removal.jpg
    onstar_removal.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 580
  • onstar_out.jpg
    onstar_out.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 497
  • radio_pins.jpg
    radio_pins.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 544

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more pics -

Attachments

• vss_fish_wire.jpg
    vss_fish_wire.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 462
  • vss_connector.jpg
    vss_connector.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 455
  • radio_in.jpg
    radio_in.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 468

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now for the issues -- after the install was completed and the Yukon started the blue nav screen displayed the "Theft Lock" in the middle of the screen (which I understand is normal until my dealer flashes the computer), but some strange things occurred 1) the ding ding ding when the key is left in the ignition stopped working 2) the horn no longer chirps when clicking the remote twice to lock the doors. That is all I have noticed so far and also every other start of the car a GMC logo and a row of buttons is briefly displayed on the nav screen before it changes to the Theft Lock screen. I am hoping that when the radio is flashed all will return to normal? Anyone have these issues?
Thanks

konasmrz

Reaction score
All normal - you won't have any turn signal sound either. Ps. you should have twisted the JP wires and probably added a drain. If you hear the whine (as described on the other Chevy forum) that is the cause. Good job on the install pics...

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I had intended to twist the wires and forgot in my haste to get it done. If it becomes an issue I will either add the drain wire, twist the others or simply just disconnect it.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just returned from my 200 mile round trip to my selling dealer to have the power folding/turn signal mirrors installed and the nav radio flashed and am happy to report all went well! Everything is back to normal and the nav is a neat unit and I have zero whine or buzzing from it. Was the first mirror install and nav flash the shop had done but they had the whole job done in less than 3 hours!

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind my asking, what did the dealer charge you for the pwr folding mirrors and installation? Where does the switch go, or is it a replacement for the mirror adjustment switch?

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't know the exact amount as it was part of the deal when I bought it. I had made the same deal at another dealer but he could not produce the vehicle I wanted and he figured $800 for the mirror install. He said that his cost on the mirrors were $260 each and around $100 for the switch and 2 hrs labor at $90 hr equals the $800, so I guess that is about right. I sure do like them! The switch goes to the rear of the switch that you push to activate which mirror you want to move and looks very similar to that switch.

I have been playing with the nav unit since I got home and I have to tell you that I really like the voice commands for it. I programmed about 30 different addresses and then gave them all a voice command so now all I do is push the voice button on the steering wheel, it beeps once and you say "Navigation go to home" etc and it calculates everything and off you go! After I programmed it with my voice I had my wife get in and try it using her voice and it recognized the voice commands I had stored and worked for her also! Fun

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for Denali owners.
a little bit more wiring involved, or voice guidance will not work

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine from a company here in Phoenix who deals in lots of accessories for all cars. I paid $850 for the nav unit which are new takeouts (from what I understand) which is way cheaper than what they go for on eBay. You can call "Big Ed" at 1-800-334-4496 or local at 602-275-9211. You will have to talk to Big Ed about which part number you want as they are different for different 07 applications (Bose, no Bose, DVD, etc). You will need to get the wire kit from JP Customs also ($35 + $8 ship).

Cmonteiro1

Reaction score
Will I have to go through all of this if I'm going form a non-nav Tahoe, to a Nav Tahoe. Not a big deal, just curious. Also, will I have to get the wiring harness used here?

jasonjordan5

Reaction score
HELP!!!!!!!!!
I just installed nav in my 2007 suburban. Everything seems to work, except my radio is up full blast!!! I cant turn it down!!! any advice?????

yourgmsolutions

Reaction score
HELP!!!!!!!!!
I just installed nav in my 2007 suburban. Everything seems to work, except my radio is up full blast!!! I cant turn it down!!! any advice?????

I know what's wrong.
who ever programmed your radio, they selected Y91 audio option.. the need to recalibrate it, and select UQA without Y91 option

Renny

Reaction score
Hey Genestoy,
Can you email me the photos with the narative, I am having a hard time pulling up the images on the servers. My email is [email protected].

Thank you. I am putting in an aftermarket nav but the principals are the same.