Turn off automatic door locks??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can not believe that GM is forcing us to have automatic door locks? In my 07 Yukon there are only two options in the DIC, either lock all doors when shifting into gear or when the vehicle goes above 8 mph. No option to disable completely. But for unlock you can turn it off completely, does that make any sense? I for one don't like the doors locked when driving, what happens if you happen to have an accident, either on land or underwater? No one can assist you, nor could you get the doors open from the inside either? Just my thoughts, if anyone knows how to disable the auto door lock "feature" let me know.
Thanks

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search this forum for a post on pet peeves, you'll see that one mentioned alot. I have the same opinion and gripe and like you can't find a way to turn it off. Only option as far as I can tell is to wait for them to autolock and then unlock them yourself manually. I don't believe they relock once you override them unless you put the vehicle into park or shut it off.