1998 tahoe keyless entry programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firemanjim

Reaction score
no matter how many times I do it ,I still cannot get the programming to take.I have done the 4 and 8 pin jumper,and holding the remote buttons with no luck,Any body know a trick or something I am doing wrong?

firemanjim

Reaction score
I fixed it ,it turned out I have a few radio towers near my work where I was trying t oprogram the remote.When I got home the remote worked fine

bhwakeboarder

Reaction score
Did you loose or break yours and buy a remote offline? I just bought a 99 2 door LT and I beleive its set up for keyless, but it didn't come with a keypad. I went to www.keylessride.com and they provide new keyless remotes and programming instructions for tahoes - $59.00

firemanjim

Reaction score
I did not get a remote when I bought my Tahoe used ,I got the remote on ebay for $15 and programmed it myself,It did not work initially but I was close to some pretty powerful radio towers at the time,once I got away from them it worked flawlessly