Swirl marks and scratches thanks to the dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cooltwin

Reaction score
I have had a hell of a time getting swirls and small scratches the dealer decided to give me as a gift when i bought my new car, even after i told them not to touch it. I have black paint and everything shows. It has progressively gotten worse as their filler has worn off. I have tried everything and have taken it to numerous detailers. They have used abrasives, polishes, you name it, they have tried it. Now i am having my car wet sanded to remove what they messed up. Of course i am upset that the dealer screwed up, but one good thing is comming out of it. With it being wet sanded, it will get rid of a lot of the orange peel that the new tahoe's have and will be perfectly smooth. I am having it done by a company who does show cars, and i cannot wait to see the final product. That dark paint will look awesome when it is that smooth. I will post pics when it is done. Luckily chevy has put a ton of clear coat on these vehicles and are safe to wet sand. According to the shop, it will take 14 hours for 2 people to do it. There is a lot of car to work on so i understand the time. Has anyone had this done before? if so, do you have any photos? thanks

cooltwin

Reaction score
Well i finaly got my car back from the detailer and it looks awesome!! it ended up taking 26 hours X 2 people to do it, but they did an amazing job. All of the swirl marks and scratches the dealer put in have now all been removed. Also now the orange peel is not nearly as noticable and the paint looks like a sheet of glass. I went to the dealer and parked it next to another black tahoe, and you can really tell the difference with the depth and it makes the quality look better. Take a look at the photos below and see for yourself. In some of the photos you can see how shiny the paint is and see reflections. It was expensive, but in the end, it was well worth it!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 52

slowmobile

Reaction score
Looks great. Can you please provide the info on where the work was done and how much? If I can afford it, I would love to have it detailed by these people.

cooltwin

Reaction score
It was detailed in Fort Collins Colorado by a company called montys meticulous detailing. I think the average detail is around $100 but i am not sure because mine was wet sanded to get rid of the deep swirls and scratches the dealer put in plus it doesnt help its black . The cost of the 26 hours of detailing for 2 people was $600. Its expensive, but cheapest of anywhere i looked and well worth it. this company does a great job and specializes is in high end cars and they know what they are doing. I highly recomend them.