Was flex fuel a part of the reasion you bought on 07?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wedtwuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flex fuel had nothing to do with my decision. Mileage on my Tahoe is bad enough as it is. Flex Fuel will only make it worse. When they start building hydrogen fueled Tahoes I will get one. I bought into GM's claim of better mileage for the 07 versus the earlier models. I get about 12.6 mpg in overall driving. My 02 got about 13.5. I like the nav system but wish that they had mounted it higher on the dash so you could see it easier without having to look down. I was not excited about the air suspension that I had on my 02. I was not going to get the LTZ on the 07 so I could get a normal suspension but I have to admit that the implementation on the 07 is lots better than it was on my 02.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
wedtwuk said:
Flex fuel had nothing to do with my decision. Mileage on my Tahoe is bad enough as it is. Flex Fuel will only make it worse. When they start building hydrogen fueled Tahoes I will get one. I bought into GM's claim of better mileage for the 07 versus the earlier models. I get about 12.6 mpg in overall driving. My 02 got about 13.5. I like the nav system but wish that they had mounted it higher on the dash so you could see it easier without having to look down. I was not excited about the air suspension that I had on my 02. I was not going to get the LTZ on the 07 so I could get a normal suspension but I have to admit that the implementation on the 07 is lots better than it was on my 02.
I realize the mileage would suck, but it is more about getting off foreign oil and telling the middle east to F**k off.

wedtwuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XM DUDE said:
I realize the mileage would suck, but it is more about getting off foreign oil and telling the middle east to F**k off.

I don't disagree with you at all. I just don't think that Ethanol is the answer. Someone (I forget who it is) is coming out with a very limited production hydrogen fueled vehicle soon. That to me makes a lot more sense. It can accomplish your goal while at the same time reducing emmissions and greenhouse gases. There will need to be a whole new infrastructure put into place though before hydrogen becomes practical.

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but BMW has introduced a gas/hydrogen 7 series that can be manually switched between the 2 or done automatically. I wish GM would get on board too. Hydrogen technology has been around since the 60's or earlier, but automakers have a huge negative impact on the production of these vehicles. They want to corner and monopolize every aspect of the car/truck market. Once the technology starts to become more accepted, we can start relying less on limited natural resources. Hydrogen can be manufatured in an almost unlimited supply, and since it burns waaaay cleaner than petrolium fuel, it is more forgiving to the enviroment.

(BTW: I'm not a tree hugger, but I would like to see everyone be more responsible. I want my kids' kids to have a great world to live in! :)

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would take a huge effort on many people's parts to make this feasible. I really don't see it happening any time soon. This kind of shift could take decades if no one else jumps on board to speed it up. Even then, I would think many people have a preconceived idea about hydrogen. Think Hindenberg. Bang! This is ironically far from the truth, technically speaking.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Gapp said:
It would take a huge effort on many people's parts to make this feasible. I really don't see it happening any time soon. This kind of shift could take decades if no one else jumps on board to speed it up. Even then, I would think many people have a preconceived idea about hydrogen. Think Hindenberg. Bang! This is ironically far from the truth, technically speaking.
That is why I think E85 is the answer for now as it is more available.

rickddavis

Reaction score
Flex Fuel

not the long term answer but right now I would rather feed a farmer - not a terrorist! This is why I buy E85 every chance I get and even drive out of my way to do so.

drs66

Reaction score
nope.. i learned about it after i was already ready to buy my new '07. this is my third tahoe and have been sold on them for ten years.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rickddavis said:
not the long term answer but right now I would rather feed a farmer - not a terrorist! This is why I buy E85 every chance I get and even drive out of my way to do so.

Hey, you know it! Wish we had E85 up here.... Been running a diesel for the past 5 years, and no B10 anywhere in the area.

rickddavis

Reaction score
SC is fortunate

Hardin Thicke said:
Hey, you know it! Wish we had E85 up here.... Been running a diesel for the past 5 years, and no B10 anywhere in the area.

We are lucky. We have E85 and B10 in over 130 locations around the state and more are coming. Our State legislature got one thing right and that was suport for E85 and bio diesel. Major state incentives. Call, e-mail & write your state Senators. It remains a money game but the state can grease the wheels with much less tax on domestically produced fuels.

I am not a Southern red neck extremist but I am fed up with OPEC and Chavez trying to kill our country with our own $$$$. Yes, due to my needs I cannot drive a hybrid that gets 50+ mpg but I can (thanks to GM) drive a vehicle that pulls my tractor, hauls computers to my customers, huals my employees to a job site 150 miles away yet can still burn USA produced fuel.

ohmslaw

Reaction score
The E85 was an added perk in decision making but the looks got me to the dealership. E85 is a great idea but here in California there are only two locations available to the public. Be nice to see it readly available. How about Bio Diesel? For now the E85 can slowly ween us away from that crude oil if it becomes readly available !