Installed a K&N air filter this a.m.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wilb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping for 2 mpg overall increase in my '05 Denali. I may be overly optimistic but we'll see.

diehrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya I highly doubt you will see that with just an air intake..A custom tune added to it and I am sure 2mpg would be reasonable

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
diehrd said:
ya I highly doubt you will see that with just an air intake..A custom tune added to it and I am sure 2mpg would be reasonable

+1 on that. A drop in filter by itself isn't worth much. A full kit isn't even worth that much, but combine intake, exhaust and a tune and you'll see some good results.

wilb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said, I'm being overly optimistic. You guys are right. I had an open airbox w/K&N and Flowmaster exhaust on my '95 Vette and barely got 2 more mpg. I may consider a tuning chip but for now gonna leave it alone. 3 kids makes $$$ mods more of a challenge nowadays.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wilb3 said:
Like I said, I'm being overly optimistic. You guys are right. I had an open airbox w/K&N and Flowmaster exhaust on my '95 Vette and barely got 2 more mpg. I may consider a tuning chip but for now gonna leave it alone. 3 kids makes $$$ mods more of a challenge nowadays.

I hear that, man. Trying to sneak stuff past the wife is becoming more and more of a challenge...

diehrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a wait4me tune .. And toss a high flow filter in the stock air box ,, ya will get the 2mpg and way better power and shift firmness..Tune 158.10 shipped to door with a replacement PCM ..