Question on new Tahoe LT3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been lurking on here for a few weeks while I waited to find the right Tahoe for me. Read lots of good info on here. Ended up with an LT3 that has every option except the Nav and power running boards. It was more truck than I wanted, but they made me a deal I couldn't refuse, so I took it! Just got the truck last night and love it...

I hate to make my first post anything but positive, but there were a couple small issues that came up upon inspection. The first is the most important to me, and that is that the driver's side 2nd row Bucket seat (Power Folding) will not operate correctly? When you press either the button on the ceiling or the one next to the seat, you can see the seat lever start to move, but the seat back just creeps forward, and I mean it takes at least 10-15 seconds to go flat...and then nothing. The seat bottom will not raise and stow in the upright position?? They think it is a bad motor? Could it be something out of adjustement in the seat track or something? :confused: The passenger side works like it should...

There was also a pretty good gouge in the plastic next to that driver's side 2nd row bucket, right about where the seat belt passes over...must have happened on the assembly line...I saw it right away, but figured they could replace it for me. They have already ordered the part, so will have to bring back in for these issues. I also had a paint flaw on the driver's door...they want to repaint the door, but that scares me...I'm just gonna let it be for now, as it is on the lower panel, and I am sure that area will see much debris and road grime.

But, I am way impressed by the truck...it's so much better than our past Tahoes and Burbs...everyone I have showed so far is way impressed also, they keep saying they can't believe it is a Chevy...they've come a long ways.

Any suggestions on that seat issue would be appreciated...but they'll be taking it apart when the replacement plastic comes in. Thanks!

Let the mods begin! Already thinking about a billet grille, and may chrome the 20s...hmm, I never change! :D

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, it's under warranty for sure, they have already ordered the plastic trim piece, but they want me to bring the truck in for the seat issue...it's just that being self employed, every minute I have to spend at the dealership is money I am losing...I just hate it when the dealer says "Well, just bring it in, we'll take a look at it..." - like I have nothing better to do - hopefully I can get these couple of issues worked out and all will be well. I'm not ranting, just want everything to be perfect - love the truck, it's awesome!

Another question - I cannot seem to get the Universal HomeLink system to work? I have the three buttons with the three LEDs, and I've tried it about 10 times according to the manual's instructions...still won't work? Is there some trick I should try? The truck is parked in the driveway, about 15 feet from the garage door motor...I push the "Learn" button on the motor, and do exactly as it says to do in the Chevy manual...still no dice? The garage door is about 2 years old, rolling code design...the Learn button lights up after I push it, so I know it is working...it goes off 30 seconds later as designed...seems the truck is not reading it correctly? I can't get the truck in the garage (it's a low door), so this is as close as I can get...I even tried it like my brother said his car worked (holding the button down on the Tahoe while holding the button down on the garage door remote at the same time)??

Any tips would be appreciated...thanks!