If I had 90K to burn...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She's a beaute! Let me know when you get one so you can take me for a ride. :thumbsup:

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a chance to drive all of the Cadillac V series cars on Road Atlanta. All of them are a blast to drive. The CTS Vs gearbox SUCKS though.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would think they would put in a Corvette gear box.:skep:

The corvette 6 speed man has a very easy shifting and forgiving tranny. But one feature on there that was not Gm's most brightest idea is the 1st to 4th that if your rpms are low and your under i think 19 mph i will only let you shift to 4th from 1st, that always gets me and i screw up and mis the shift completly. If they do use the corvette gear box i hope they remove that, the only explanation in the manual is it saves gas HOW i dont know. all it does is make me mad. :nonod:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Yea, the CTS-V is definitely a nice car. My wife just telling me the other day that's the one she wants. Then I told her the price tag.

RT, just fyi, the 1st to 4th in the m-6 can be be eliminated with a skip-shift eliminator harness in case you're interested. GM did this to help improve mileage under low load eng operation.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, the CTS-V is definitely a nice car. My wife just telling me the other day that's the one she wants. Then I told her the price tag.

RT, just fyi, the 1st to 4th in the m-6 can be be eliminated with a skip-shift eliminator harness in case you're interested. GM did this to help improve mileage under low load eng operation.

hey thanks, im gunna look in to that but had it a year in march and only 3k on it so you see we dont drive it that much. but i did not know they made somthing to stop it. :thumbsup:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
hey thanks, im gunna look in to that but had it a year in march and only 3k on it so you see we dont drive it that much. but i did not know they made somthing to stop it. :thumbsup:

No prob. It bypasses the CAGS (Computer-Aided Gear Selection) in the 'vettes, Z28s, T/A, Formulas, and GTOs with the m6 trans. 5 minute installation and costs about $30-35.