Switch out bench for buckets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChadTahoeZ71

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to switch the bench seat out for bucket seats in the LT3? Dealer said it couldn't be done. We haven't taken delivery on vehicle so I cannot see whether it is possible.

deejayrock

Reaction score
Seats

chad,
I have a LT3 as well and the 3rd row should fit directly where the buckets are and vice versa, they use the same latches on the floor. I wanted a bench, but my Tahoe came with buckets/cup holders.
Thanks, Jay

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
ChadTahoeZ71 said:
Has anyone been able to switch the bench seat out for bucket seats in the LT3? Dealer said it couldn't be done. We haven't taken delivery on vehicle so I cannot see whether it is possible.

It sounds like they just don't want to do it as it is a hassle to them I guess. I sure there are no differences in floor pan design and I would think they could be swapped out.

deejayrock

Reaction score
hmm...

When I bought my 07 Tahoe, I requested to have the 3rd row changed and they said they couldn't because the seats are really expensive and made to order, so they don't have them laying around. BS if you ask me, they could have switched it out of another Tahoe=). I'm still looking to trade my rear buckets for a bench.
Hope this helps, Jay

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
deejayrock said:
When I bought my 07 Tahoe, I requested to have the 3rd row changed and they said they couldn't because the seats are really expensive and made to order, so they don't have them laying around. BS if you ask me, they could have switched it out of another Tahoe=). I'm still looking to trade my rear buckets for a bench.
Hope this helps, Jay
That is total BS, but I could see them not wanting to deal with swapping seats out, as it could be done.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody done this yet???

Switched out the 2nd row buckets with the 3rd row bench?? I don't think it would be very good because the 3rd row bench is much smaller compared to a 2nd row bench if you get it with the vehicle.....I am having a very hard time finding any with a 2nd row bench...anyone know a dealer in or around Houston that has some with 2nd row benches??

tomm

Reaction score
No dealer will pull one type of seats out of one care and put them in another. Its too much work and the vehicle sticker which comes from GM would then be wrong.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done it on their own....

No dealer will pull one type of seats out of one care and put them in another. Its too much work and the vehicle sticker which comes from GM would then be wrong.

I really want bench seat, but I don't even think LTZ's have the option for bench seat....anyone??

gulfcoastvettes

Reaction score
I have a second row bench that is titiniam

any one in houston wanna trade a second row bench for two buckets

Timgco

Reaction score
We ogt ours with the bench and third row. LOVE IT! BUT, the bench seat does not stay up in teh folded position. ...unless I'm missing something.

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will trade a 3rd row for 2 more buckets, and pay half shipping. If its interchangable I am all for it. I have the bench seats.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To start, the first post here is talking about the middle row...and then posts after seem to think it's the third row.

The third row 2-passenger (which some think of as buckets) is completely interchangeable with the 3-passenger third row. In the middle, the buckets and bench can be interchanged, but it's a much more in depth take-out and re-installation--which is why dealers don't want to do that (in addition to then having another vehicle that then is missing a feature on it's sticker, etc.).

So swaps can be done of both rows, but you have to have either a very willing dealer who has a matching model with the right seats on their lot or simply do a swap on your own with someone else.

I really want bench seat, but I don't even think LTZ's have the option for bench seat....anyone??

YES. Middle row buckets are standard with the LTZ, but the center bench is then available as a no-cost option (while standard, in the opposite way, on all other trims).