Some stupid punk kid hit my Tahoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sucks big time. I would be so upset. You weren't able to get his license plate number?

RDosdorian

Reaction score
How can your rates go up? This is a "hit and run". How can you be at fault? You were stopped at a light.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
There is no police report as there has to be injuries for them to get interested. The damage is under my deductible, so it's not even worth filing. in California the land of no fault insurance it does make you're rates go up every time you make a claim regardless of fault.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know who you have insurance with XMDUDE, but that is just not true about your rates automatically going up in California...I have had two similar incidents to yours (one someone scraped my car in a parking lot and left, and another one a person turned into me illegally), and neither one had any effect on my rates. If it is not your fault, they don't automatically raise your rates.

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A rate increase has more to do with the insurance companies lose ratio for you as a policyholder than the number of claims you report. I would get an estimate. If it is more that your deductible than I would claim it. If it was 700 dollars, the insurance company would only have to pay $200 which should not effect your premium at all.

When I did underwriting for a commercial liability insurance company we would always calculate the policyholders loss ratio when determining rates. When its under a certain amount it has no effect

wedtwuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to your local police department. They will make out a report on a hit and run if you push them. Give the report to your insurance carrier. Your insurance company will not raise your rates for something like this unless you have had multiple problems of the same type.

hmoobsupra

Reaction score
Either ways, it's always good to file a police report as the other party can do the same and claimed that you backed up on him. Also, it's possible that what looks minor can actually add up when you take it to the shop. However, it does suck because it's a new car. My last car got keyed just a week after driving it off the lot with 25 miles :(

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XM DUDE said:
There is no police report as there has to be injuries for them to get interested. The damage is under my deductible, so it's not even worth filing. in California the land of no fault insurance it does make you're rates go up every time you make a claim regardless of fault.

Yup you are right!!! Doesn't matter who's fault they will jack up the rates. Damn those insurance companies. Sorry about your incident I'd be pissed too...:mad:

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey XM Dude

I hope you get that f***er, I really do hate individuals like them . They come around and can't drive or what ever the hell the reason and hit your vehicle and run away. I bet that punk didn't have a license or insurance so he got scared and took off. I hope you get him.:mad:

steele55

Reaction score
Thats funny I stumbled across this, I've had my new hoe for 2 weeks now, 4 days after I bought it some woman rear ended me at a red light, I resisted the urge to pull her out the drivers side window by her hair and got her information only to call her insurance co. and find out her policy cancelled and she has no insurance. So I feel your pain XM Dude, I'm in PA and at least hear if you turn it in under your uninsured coverage your rates will go up and it will actually get paid as an at fault acc. on your part.

But anyway I never thought about it damaging the reverse sensors, the woman had a old ford tarrus and actually went under the trailor hitch and hit the spare tire more than anything. the sensors seem to be working fine, but where exactly are they located?

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
steele55 said:
Thats funny I stumbled across this, I've had my new hoe for 2 weeks now, 4 days after I bought it some woman rear ended me at a red light, I resisted the urge to pull her out the drivers side window by her hair and got her information only to call her insurance co. and find out her policy cancelled and she has no insurance. So I feel your pain XM Dude, I'm in PA and at least hear if you turn it in under your uninsured coverage your rates will go up and it will actually get paid as an at fault acc. on your part.

But anyway I never thought about it damaging the reverse sensors, the woman had a old ford tarrus and actually went under the trailor hitch and hit the spare tire more than anything. the sensors seem to be working fine, but where exactly are they located?

The sensors are the little round things on the bumper. I had no damage at all aside from scratched paint, so I just used touch up paint from the dealership and unless you look up close you can't even tell.