Service Stabilitrak Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cblalock0027

Reaction score
Last week we purchased a 2007 Yukon XL with 17,000 miles. After driving for about 40 miles the ABS light came on along with a message flashing between Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control. One we turn the vehicle off the message goes away but it always seems to come back on at some point. We took it into the dealership and they said that they had not had a Yukon come in with that code before, so basicly they did nothing. We are taking it in again in the morning, but just wondering if anyone else was having this problem. Thanks!

jamac36

Reaction score
cblalock0027 said:
Last week we purchased a 2007 Yukon XL with 17,000 miles. After driving for about 40 miles the ABS light came on along with a message flashing between Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control. One we turn the vehicle off the message goes away but it always seems to come back on at some point. We took it into the dealership and they said that they had not had a Yukon come in with that code before, so basicly they did nothing. We are taking it in again in the morning, but just wondering if anyone else was having this problem. Thanks!
I've had that problem once on my 07 Yukon XL but once i restarted it it went away.Took it to the steelership they says if problem happens again to bring it in and that was only after 4,000 mile and i brought mine new.:)

Attachments

• 07 YUKON HYBRID 020.jpg
    07 YUKON HYBRID 020.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 07 YUKON HYBRID 010.jpg
    07 YUKON HYBRID 010.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

cblalock0027

Reaction score
It's really kind of strange. There doesn't seem to be any particular time that the code pops up. Sometimes I can drive it for 45 minutes and never get a message and other times it comes on after about 10 minutes. We are taking it back to the dealership this morning. Hopefully they can figure out what to do. Thanks!

wedtwuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the same problem happen twice on my 07 Tahoe. Both times it went away when I turned off the engine and started it back up. I checked the report that automagically gets sent to Onstar the last couple of months. There is no record of anything abnormal happening as far as they are concerned. If it happens again I will take it to the dealer. Car has a little over 10,000 miles on it.

Dave1441

Reaction score
I have had this problem several times and reported to my dealer. The dealer has contacted GM and was told that there is no fix for it at this time. I only get it when I'm pulling my trailer. It appears not to make a difference in the ride and goes a way when I turn off my car and then back on.

Dave1441

Reaction score
Since posting my experience with this problem way back in August my 2007 Tahoe has had this problem at least eight (8) more times. Now four (4) of the latest occurrences have been happening without pulling my trailer.
About month ago I went back to my dealer and reported the problem to them again, letting them know it happens without a trailer being pulled as well, this time GM suggested that a wheel alignment was needed and it was done. So far the problem has not re-occurred, but I have not tried pulling trailer yet. The truck has less than 14,000 miles on it but in a month from now I will be taking a cross country trip from Long Island NY to CA and back pulling my 31’ travel trailer. I will report back here in June after the trip.

Regards Dave…

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had this happen to mine once. There is a note in my owner's manual that says if you get this message, to cycle the ignition once. If it doesn't clear, contact service.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did Onstar diagnostics say? Onstar diagnostics indicated to me that there was a fuel delivery system problem. I had that message, along with "Service Traction Control", and believe it or not, it was due to a vacuum leak after I installed my intake. I think it also said "Reduced Engine Power". It was random, and seemed to happen within 5 - 15 minutes of starting to drive the truck. I apparently knocked a tube out of place on the top of the intake plenum under the "Vortec" cover... I doubt that's it for you, but hey, maybe it's worth a shot. Seems like the GM service techs wouldda caught that by now. I gotta believe they've got a new PCM program or something that fixes this.