Supercharging 2003 LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I've been looking around at chargers and turbo systems. Most of them put power on the 5.3 around 385-400 hp and 450-500 ft/lbs torque.
Haven't heard any issues from anyone with the superchargers. Just keep the boost at a reasonable level and make sure the fuel system components are up to the task and things should be fine.
There are a few reputable companies that make bolt-on kits for our trucks like Vortech, Paxton, Whipple, and Powerdyne.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
not sure why you would want to supercharge a truck :nonod:

Many owners would like to have more passing and/or towing power, especially if you live in very hilly or mountainous terrains. And some just like to have more fun:) I am looking into one for more towing power. And I like to know I have the power there if I need to pass someone in a tight spot or have a little fun from time to time. I don't like the feeling of the truck being so heavy and powerless. And the stock 5.3 is just that. And after driving around my Z and then jumping into the truck, I want more power for the truck!!!!

dano

Reaction score
or have a little fun from time to time.

That's for the most part what it comes down to! :thumbsup:

I for one, being the gearhead that I am, just look for ways to modify my personal vehicles in efforts of really just making them a little different from the next. It usually results in engine mods if its just a street type vehicle, or some suttle aesthetic changes.

Particularly like it when I can pull up a Mustang GT or something of the sort and entice them to a friendly little race. Then, to deliver an @$$ whoopin' with a 3 ton vehicle.... THAT'S just plain good ole' fashion fun!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Havin' some fun...

...You mean, like THIS GUY? That Denali kicks some serious butt. In fact, it's C R A Z Y!