Headrest Dvd install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tah0e02

Reaction score
I just bought 2 headrest tft monitors and i dont know how to get the cord through the headrest whole.... i tried putting one of the cords through the whole but now i cant even pull it out. Can somone please help!!!??????:mpr:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Are you installing completely new headrests with built-in monitors or just monitors into your existing headrest? Here are some pics that can hopefully guide you some. I installed monitors into my existing headrests.
Not sure how far you've gotten so far, so I'm posting whatever Ithink may help.
Once I installed the monitors into my headrests, I drilles a hole to get the connector and cable through.
DEIheadrests.jpg

d99b5e45.jpg

The pin hole in the picture below is the release for the headrests. If you stick a small pin or tool through there, that will release the headrests so you can pull them completely out. I put a small slit on the outside of the adjustment lock and ran the cable through there.
67e7537f.jpg

If you look underneath the seatback, you'll see where you can unsnap the white plastic trim to pull the upholstery up so you can reach up into the back of the seat to pull the cable through.
23601dc1.jpg

Once through, be sure to route the cable and secure it away from the seat rails, etc so they don't get pinched while the seat is moving. Here is a final pic:
DEIheadrests3.jpg

tah0e02

Reaction score
i purchased preinstalled 8" universal monitors and the cord goes through the medal rod instead of the side. Shoot i think i might of ****ed up by sticking it in..... Is there any way that i could cut the cord and pull it out and reconnect the end after i yank it out ?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You can; you'll have a few wires and possibly a braided shield. If you do that, be sure to solder the connections and use small enough heat shrink. Soldering the wires back together will help make a good electrical connection and help keep out electrical "noise", especially on the video feed. Plus it will be less bulky than using crimp style connectors. Good luck.

tah0e02

Reaction score
i am going to take it to this stereo shop that i had my amp installed so they could do it, i just wanted to make sure it could be done because i cannot afford to **** these headrests up...."i cant return them and no refund" :ack:

tah0e02

Reaction score
heres some pics of the install, i got it done today so these are night pics
dscf0011er4.jpg

dscf0013ue1.jpg

dscf0014zt6.jpg

tah0e02

Reaction score
i got them at a fleamarket for $100 each and $80 to install since i got the cable stuck.

tah0e02

Reaction score
yeah they still do have some more....they are no branded monitors though, i know they were made in china by a brand named sky something. The box doesnt even say what the brand is. I could not find any information on them.:ack: They are tight thought for the price.:jok: