Best way to run a connection to the Rear DVD System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfpack1298

Reaction score
I want to run a connection from my front stereo head unit to the overhead DVD system. My overhead unit is an aftermarket installation and I took it down the other day to see what connections were already there. A small square was cut out of the headliner (I assume where the dome light use to be) and the power cables were all connected to the unit through that hole.

What is the easiest way to run a connection from the overhead unit to my front stereo? There seems to be a lot of room between the headliner and the roof, so I was thinking that I could fish a connection line over to one of the door posts and then remove the post cover and pull the line along the post to the floor. From there I could remove the floor moldings and run the line under the carpet and back up to the head unit.

Any suggestions from previous installs? Is there conduit already in place that makes this easier?

Thanks

zrcatdrivr

Reaction score
07 Yukon similar concern

I am trying to do the same in my 07 yukon and am having trouble locating a wire harness as no one (not even a dealership) can tell me the harness that connects to the NAV/DVD head unit then connect sto overhead monitor. Seems there are sveral hanesses thant connect together but all starts with a I/P cmaera harness then branches off through A oillar than roof liner. Harness cost about $400 with no gaurentee it will work. Did you ever get a reply or indication on what you need to do?