Rear Heater Not Working 04 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steelers

Reaction score
My heater is not properly working it is blowing cold air and I have it set for heat.
Help

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a bad heater core. It's pretty common from what I've head, and pretty expensive to fix...

Time to take it to the stealership, or a mechanic who knows his stuff.

scarpi

Reaction score
Just one question or thought. Since your post is about your rear heater blowing cold, you might check this. If your vehicle is like my Yukon, there is a control for the temp of the rear heater/AC in the roof console. Is it also set to hot to match your dash heater control for the front? I don't know if that is the problem but I thought it would be worth mentioning it.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My yuke is set up the same way, and I think the tahoe/suburban/XL all have the same type of controls. I don't think that it has to be set to match the front, becasue the rear functions independently from the front (to a certain extent, at least). I'm not sure if thats 100% correct, but thats how I've always thought it worked.